Talk Me Into Buying A Busse

abey67

Gold Member
I've been admiring Busse knives for a long time but have yet to purchase one. I would like to hear from my fellow members about what they think makes a Busse so special and worth the price. What's so special about INFI, what does it compare to in other steels, what are your warranty experiences, etc. Anything info will help. I just want my fellow blade forum members to tell me why I need one of these Buses knives.

First of, have a drink. That should help.
Knives made to take a beating (see infi torture tests) - Check
Transferable Lifetime Warranty, the kind you wish EVERY product had - Check
An owner who actively communicates with his customer base, and takes their requests into consideration - Check
A network of owners willing to help you out with any questions or problems you might have - Check
If that isn't enough to sell you, they also cut stuff pretty good.

The quality is top notch. The warranty is 100% jerry busse has honored it even when people admit abusing the blades (most knife warranties are extremely difficult to collect on because they always claim you used it for something that it wasn't intended for) he even made good on it when one of our members ran over their bb13 with a riding lawn mower. I use my blades very hard and always know that i can depend on them, for me its the peace of mind that my knives can handle whatever I throw at them and if not Jerry while have my back.

Busse Knives........."Knives you Swear BY not At".......(Flatlander year unknown)

Not an inexpensive venture you might find in a Big Box Store...But Damn Sure Worth the Money as others stated above!

Busses are the pinaccle of knife making, Jerry lifehacked the riddle of steel by doing an end-around of the forging process. But beyond that, the designs are some of the purest most functional blades imaginable, they just exude quality and performance potential.

Find one that suits your purpose and try it out, you cant lose because of the warranty and resale market. Once you hold one and put it through its paces all will be clear.

All of the above , plus the next barrage that will post after these
But I don't think its the knives , it's the Bacon Jerry is putting something in the Bacon
Caution you can't stop at 1
OrcWQxr.jpg

Considering the prices of knives today, I think Busse Knives are a great deal. Wonderful materials/fit and finish, amazing steels with a top notch heat treat and solid resale value. The warrenty speaks for itself, the best in the business. Finally, Jerry and the gang actually care about the customer and want them to be happy with their purchase. I don't recall ever reading anything here on blade forums about someone who felt short changed.

One of the Down Under HOGS from Australia has a number of videos on his youtube channel all about chopping...:thumbsup::cool:

If someone needs to talk you into it you may not be ready yet ~ It's not for everyone, you really gotta want it for your own reasons-
Fact- everyone here is an enabler HAHA! couple months ago I didn't own a single one but have always been a fan and been watching for a while.
When you see a guy like Rob slam a high dollar Custom Shop into logs and trees and go "YEAH! HELL YEAH" then you'll get it :D - I just got a new one yesterday and the first thing I did was chop on my stump with it cause I don't buy them to stick in a safe, besides it's already packed to the gills with other precious metals-
Finally - you still have time to walk away but once you go through that door you've made a choice :p

Just last night I was telling a friend around the campfire about Busse knives. I had my battle grade BOSS Jack, which is SR-101 steel if you aren't familiar. I sharpened it last about two months ago. I have since batoned numerous logs for camp fires. All sorts of hardwoods and softwoods alike. And it is still shaving sharp along the entirety of the edge.

I have 7 now and many more on the way. If you want to ease in, cannot recommend anything more than the Swamp Rat Ratmandu.

Don’t you mean “whatever I throw them at”?:p
Exactly.... I throw all my knives and have always hated that every other manufacturers say warranty void if thrown (other than designated throwing knives, but I only know of one throwing knife with a lifetime guarantee and I don't even own a HB forge thrower) I find it hard to buy any other brands lately

It's a pretty simple approach:

1) Use blade steel with the best possible combination of
A) Strength
B) Toughness
C) Edge holding
D) Rust resistance and
E) Ease of Sharpening

2) Use the best possible heat treat protocols to guarantee maximized performance across the board.

3) Then guarantee every knife unconditionally against any major unintentional damage forever--or for as long as Busse Combat Knife Company exists.

INFI knives, as heat treated and warranted by Busse, hit every mark and are made for those who demand the very best.

However, demanding this highest and best result is expensive. So Busse goes a step further.

With the use of other excellent steels like SR101, SR77, Elmax, and others--steels that can actually best INFI in some categories even though they don't compete across the board, Busse adds another selling point:

Achieve ALL of the above, offering the very best performance possible, for the LOWEST PRICE.

Seems to be working.

Last edited:
Speaking of Wills post above on warranty - I've witnessed a couple claims since I've been here - Um, personally, I'm not sure I would have the balls to ask and the guys really didn't but boss man said "send em in! It's covered" ... No one else on the planet would have warrantied those but this is a different planet here- The one that went through the lawn mower made a statement to me that hit home. But the value of a warranty should be the last reason to buy something imo-

Pretty much everything as stated above. Plus...they are just magic. And as a user, and collector, there are so many different models that will most likely increase in value over time. If you purchase wisely. Part of my retirement portfolio. And more enjoyable to collect than my stocks; bonds; mutual funds...etc. But those are also important in the mix.

Last edited:
Just buyin "A" Busse is impossible. Once you've got and used one there's no going back.

All the reasons stated above etc.

If you do take the leap remember you were warned, you can never own "A" Busse.
The Best Blades & Brothers Are Busse!

All of the above , plus the next barrage that will post after these
But I don't think its the knives , it's the Bacon Jerry is putting something in the Bacon
Caution you can't stop at 1
OrcWQxr.jpg
love your bronze set.

Back