1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talk Me Into Buying A Busse

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by abey67, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Azula Gun Holsters

Azula Gun Holsters KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 19, 2016
    Watch this video, it should be crystal clear

hydeinmind, PA Trout and Murman like this.
  2. emt1581

emt1581

Dec 28, 2011
    In a few thousand years from now when you're family is riding high on the hog after the apocalypse, they will thank you for having bought quality.

3. Snakebreaker

Snakebreaker

Feb 7, 2013
    If this doesn't convince you.....nothing will.

This is INFI. Look real close.....see any dents, dings, cracks or chips?

I've touched the edge up once in 4 years with 800 grit after violently battoning, chopping, slicing and stabbing through steel pipes, frying pans, bulldozer exhausts, steel plates, crane engine gaurds and even a cell phone for good measure.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    20170926_184843.jpg
    Snakebreaker
    LINK
    DIRECT
    FORUM
    ALT
    HTML

ipal, ManRay and TheMtnMan like this.
  4. TheMtnMan

TheMtnMan Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    20170618_183647.jpg 20170618_200953.jpg Save your self, close this thread and leave now lol or order next offering and be hooked for life lol
    I collected a bunch, haven't used much, just read a bunch of good stuff about INFI, at the beginning of summer I started using my NMFSH, it came BIG finish, but previous owner had Josh turn it satin, and made it razor sharp. After a summer of camp fires, a ton of battoning/chopping it will still shave some arm hair.

5. Snakebreaker

Snakebreaker

Feb 7, 2013
    If this doesn't convince you.....nothing will.

This is INFI. Look real close.....see any dents, dings, cracks or chips?

I've touched the edge up once in 4 years with 800 grit after violently battoning, chopping, slicing and stabbing through steel pipes, frying pans, bulldozer exhausts, steel plates, crane engine gaurds and even a cell phone for good measure.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    20170926_184843.jpg
    Snakebreaker
    LINK
    DIRECT
    FORUM
    ALT
    HTML

PeteyTwoPointOne and ScoMa like this.
  6. adamlau

adamlau Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 13, 2002
    The best proven warranty in the business. Excellent fit and finish. If you don't think so, go back two sentences and send it back. INFI holds a decent edge. Nothing to write home about, but nothing to sneer at either. Stable business model evident by long-term forum participation by the owner and employees. Open to feedback.

7. TheMtnMan

Feb 11, 2015
    I"ll add 1 more thing, with Busse unlike other stuff in life, I only regretted selling them. Never regretted buying one.I always find my self thinking "Man, even though it was tough for a min, im glad I got that TG14... or some to that effect).
    Plus if you get a descent deal, and knife doesn't do it for you, usually you can get most of Ur $$ back. YMMV

8. TheMtnMan

Feb 11, 2015
    And the Riddles lol Where else you gona get the riddles :)
    (Not that I can ever solve one)

9. co556guy

co556guy

Dec 13, 2011
    Well, for me........it's one of those things where I feel like I am getting a very high quality product from a business that cares about its customers.

I like their designs, I like that they stand behind their product. Their treatments on steel are superb. Some get stuck on INFI/other steels, but I don't when it comes out of Busse's shop.

Their handles are generally comfortable, and there is a vibrant aftermarket for stuff like sheaths or that kind of stuff/services.

Lots of people have their pet brands, especially in the knife world. Get one, try it out if you like the design. If you don't like it, well....it's not like you bought junk that can't be resold.

10. abey67

abey67

Feb 25, 2007
    Okay, I think I'm going to have to bight the bullet and order one. How does the order process work. I don't really see a page that list the different types of knifes offered. Any help would be appreciated since I'm about to be a newbie Busse owner. I know it can take a while to receive my knife. I just don't know what they offer. Thanks for all your help!

11. DamascusBowie

DamascusBowie Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2016
    Now see, that right there's the hard part :cool::D:thumbsup:

ScoMa likes this.
  12. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    Yeah, about that "order one" part ... yeah... Look at this picture and pick "one" :D:cool:

[​IMG]

lex2006 and F'lar like this.
  13. F'lar

F'lar Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Lots to consider,
    What are the details of tasks you want the knife to perform?
    EDC, Camping chores, Chopping or something in the middle. Just my 2 cents but the Ratmandu's are a great middle ground blade and available. Think of all the tasks you want your "first" Busse / Kin knife to accomplish. List them, post them and you will get plenty of input from the Hogs & Piglets.

14. Apocryphiliac

Apocryphiliac Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2017
    Always great seeing someone else who appreciates the aged bronze cerakote blades. They're some of my favorites!

15. Apocryphiliac

Apocryphiliac Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2017
    Agreed. I also just got an R9 and I think it's an awesome large blade. But the RMD is an awesome, awesome blade in the 5-6" range that won't cost an arm and a leg.

16. extrastout

extrastout Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Because its easier carrying a Busse than the Jaws of life if you all of sudden need to cut through a car

Jake1911 and F'lar like this.
  17. Will York

Will York Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Just go to bussecombat.com on Wednesday night (Thursday latest) and order a HOGB8. You're In! :thumbsup:

ScoMa likes this.
  18. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    ....I am happy to provide a translation service if you are struggling with Rob speaking in our native tongue.... ;)

19. Busto

Busto KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 26, 2011
    He was speaking??? I thought he was chopping...:rolleyes:

I had an girlfriend from Oz and I pretty much have it down...she brought me some VB back and forced me to down it and listen to here and her mother converse...I might miss a few nuances but I just nod and smile...:D:D

20. RobStanley

RobStanley Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Busse openly encourage extreme hard use of their knives. Their knives are designed for it, and they stand behind their warranty should one fail.

Jake1911 and Busto like this.