Tang pics of the new moras

Thanks for posting this. That's a cool "X-ray" of those Moras..
Mora can't be beat for the price. Still, good to know what tang options one may have within the Mora family.

Just FYI, the Mora Bushcraft Force actually has the Mora 2000/Bushcraft Forest style tang. Youtube user "virtuvoice" has a series of "X-Ray" videos, and in one of these he X-Rays a Mora Bushcraft Force and a Spyderco Bill Moran. I originally had assumed only the "Mora 2000 syle" bladed knives in the Bushcraft series had the longer tang, but after seeing his video thought perhaps the entire line had been upgraded with the more substantial tang. Interesting to see that only the Triflex version doesn't. Slightly disappointed, as that is the one I own, but it's held up fine so far after being carefully batoned through seasoned oak. I don't think it's a real issue, but more tang never hurts. I might have to pick myself up a carbon TopQ. Thanks for the pics...I had been wondering about the tangs on the new line. I guess now we know.

Any idea about the sort of tang in the following moras?

860 F
760 BK
Craftline

Last edited:
Am I right in assuming that the 748, like the 746 but with a 5 3/4'' blade, has the longer tang like the 746?

DOn't know good sir. I've never used the longer bladed versions.. an email to the folks at mora of sweden (via there website) should clear that up though, They are pretty good about answering emails within a few days.

Two ways of looking at this:

1) "I can't believe that those tangs are so short!" :eek: and suddenly get the idea that the knife lots of hard-use folks thought was perfectly adequate for most tasks is suddenly crap just because of a picture.

2) Wow, I guess that tang issue isn't as important as I thought because plenty of folks have demonstrated those knives are top-notch for the price despite any picture.

They say that a picture is worth 1,000 words. In this case, I think that the several 1,000 words extolling the quality of the knives in the picture holds more weight than the picture. :thumbup:

Yeah, i've done the emotional rollercoaster thing about the triflex tang as well and I don't use it for much but a little cutting around the house.

Seems like it's not near as important as one may be led to believe.

Appreciate the pictures a lot.

Two ways of looking at this:

1) "I can't believe that those tangs are so short!" :eek: and suddenly get the idea that the knife lots of hard-use folks thought was perfectly adequate for most tasks is suddenly crap just because of a picture.

2) Wow, I guess that tang issue isn't as important as I thought because plenty of folks have demonstrated those knives are top-notch for the price despite any picture.

They say that a picture is worth 1,000 words. In this case, I think that the several 1,000 words extolling the quality of the knives in the picture holds more weight than the picture. :thumbup:

• You can tear anything up.
  • These knives are great values for the money.

I've heard they think we're nuts over here. Those moras are little more than kitchen knives or utility knives to them.

Back