Team Gemini Ultra Light Brigade!!!. . . . Coming Wednesday 9-25-2019!!!!. . . . 9:00 PM Eastern!!!

You should go through this whole thread again. I just checked the first few pages, and I think it’s safe to say that Pirtle and Brown will each be making sheaths. There are probably other makers who have commented, as well.

I did and I've ordered one from David Brown. He was super helpful with the options and has confirmed he's already bought a TGULB. Now for the wait and ......Antici.........................pation XD

Last edited:
I did and I've ordered one from David Brown. He was super helpful with the options and has confirmed he's already bought a TGULB. Now for the wait.....
Antici.........................pation XD
Awesome man. All my Busse have Buy Brown sheaths. Awesome product and easy to work with. Why go anywhere else for Busse kydex?

So what do you guys and gals think. Infi's power seems to be in the thickness of the blades behind the edge. Is this deep dish hollow gonna prove infi does not need the meat behind the edge for a longer blade, is cheaper sr101 suited better for thinner blade like this?....or is there going to be a lot of touching up after hard use. Can this grind hold up for Busse duty with a newspaper cutting sharp edge, or do we stand by the typical blunt cutting edge from Busse to hold it strong. I do not like to put this much up for a blade I have not held, with mystery. I can't test it once it arrives. I have to send it right out for a sheath to be made so I can use the knife outside of the kitchen. Not getting answers from the boss on his sales thread for his product on this thinner version of the tglb with a "deep dish hollow grind". Asking users of the tglb

Last edited:
So what do you guys and gals think. Infi's power seems to be in the thickness of the blades behind the edge. Is this deep dish hollow gonna prove infi does not need the meat behind the edge for a longer blade, is cheaper sr101 suited better for thinner blade like this?....or is there going to be a lot of touching up after hard use. Can this grind hold up for Busse duty with a newspaper cutting sharp edge, or do we stand by the typical blunt cutting edge from Busse to hold it strong. I do not like to put this much up for a blade I have not held, with mystery. I can't test it once it arrives. I have to send it right out for a sheath to be made so I can use the knife outside of the kitchen. Not getting answers from the boss on his sales thread for his product on this thinner version of the tglb with a "deep dish hollow grind". Asking users of the tglb
The mystery is part of the fun! If you don’t like it, you should have no problem getting your money back by selling it. I’d say hold off on the sheath until you’ve tried it out and know you like it. I’ve got a mini vex that I’ve carried in a backpack pocket for a while now, and it’s still riding in the cardboard sheath it came with. Those things are pretty tough. I can’t say about the thickness, grind, or material. We’ll need a hog with more experience to answer those questions, but nobody will truly know how this blade performs until they ship.

I purposely bought this model over others versions (and the many derivations thereof) specifically for the thinner (0.200" is still considerably 'thick') stock and deep dish hollow grind. Less material behind the edge means more efficient shallow cuts (think rope and cordage, food prep, wood kindling, and the like). With this model being lighter in the hand and with its deep hollow grind, it should make for a great light chopper and all-around utilitarian 'does-it-all' type of knife (I don't have mine in hand, yet, but just some early thoughts/observations).

I think, collectively, we've gotten so used to the quarter inch+ thick blades with high saber or flat grinds that come with thicker edge geometry, that when a model like this comes around, some worry about the overall toughness. Rest assured - whatever Jerry and Co. do with the (proprietary) heat treat of INFI (along with their SR-101 and SR77), this model can stand up to pretty much whatever you throw at. Not shilling, either (just watch some destructive testing videos to see what I mean - anybody remember the guy in the hockey mask from years ago?).

A quick example: one of saddest losses was letting go of an original Scrapyard Dogfather. Ten inches of 0.28" thick S7 shock steel (SR77). Great at chopping. Could probably dismantle a car with it if I wanted to. Could it do half of the more common chores that the TGULB will be able to do? Not in the slightest. It was a purpose-built heavy duty chopper. Too unwieldy with the 10" blade, and although sharp as all hell, there was too much material behind the edge to do finer work effectively (although it could, if needed).

My point: it's all about the intended use. My advice is to not only keep it, but grab a Forsaken Gemini on the secondary market (the good folks in the For Sale subforum here often have them at, or slightly above cost - no eAuctionbay markups).

I purposely bought this model over others versions (and the many derivations thereof) specifically for the thinner (0.200" is still considerably 'thick') stock and deep dish hollow grind. Less material behind the edge means more efficient shallow cuts (think rope and cordage, food prep, wood kindling, and the like). With this model being lighter in the hand and with its deep hollow grind, it should make for a great light chopper and all-around utilitarian 'does-it-all' type of knife (I don't have mine in hand, yet, but just some early thoughts/observations).

I think, collectively, we've gotten so used to the quarter inch+ thick blades with high saber or flat grinds that come with thicker edge geometry, that when a model like this comes around, some worry about the overall toughness. Rest assured - whatever Jerry and Co. do with the (proprietary) heat treat of INFI (along with their SR-101 and SR77), this model can stand up to pretty much whatever you throw at. Not shilling, either (just watch some destructive testing videos to see what I mean - anybody remember the guy in the hockey mask from years ago?).

A quick example: one of saddest losses was letting go of an original Scrapyard Dogfather. Ten inches of 0.28" thick S7 shock steel (SR77). Great at chopping. Could probably dismantle a car with it if I wanted to. Could it do half of the more common chores that the TGULB will be able to do? Not in the slightest. It was a purpose-built heavy duty chopper. Too unwieldy with the 10" blade, and although sharp as all hell, there was too much material behind the edge to do finer work effectively (although it could, if needed).

My point: it's all about the intended use. My advice is to not only keep it, but grab a Forsaken Gemini on the secondary market (the good folks in the For Sale subforum here often have them at, or slightly above cost - no eAuctionbay markups).

Yes!! that was Noss.

Love the Dogfather.

"In Hand..." and I was like "WHAAATTT!!!!???!!! PHOTOS! NOW!!!!"

You clarified that and I now feel sad.... :(

We will all have to do the whole "Just got dinged and my order number was #XX,XXX" thing...

I can't remember if i posted in here or not, regarding what I got. I agonized right up until order opening. DCBB was pretty much a given (I think I'm pretty done with coated, unless it is coated or satin). But I just could not decide on the scales. Finally went with black micarta on the DCBB. Just because I don't have any of the new black micarta.

Then.... the last call came out. I resisted... for .... minutes at least! But the TG song was calling me. There was still TG available. Without coating. And even ULTRA Light Brigade. Oh, again, I agonized. Forever! (actually, about another 2 minutes). Finally.... settled the debate. Maroon micarta on DCBB. BAM! Two! I ONLY do that for ones that I've missed before (or very close).

And.... I think I'm quite pleased with myself.

I can't remember if i posted in here or not, regarding what I got. I agonized right up until order opening. DCBB was pretty much a given (I think I'm pretty done with coated, unless it is coated or satin). But I just could not decide on the scales. Finally went with black micarta on the DCBB. Just because I don't have any of the new black micarta.

Then.... the last call came out. I resisted... for .... minutes at least! But the TG song was calling me. There was still TG available. Without coating. And even ULTRA Light Brigade. Oh, again, I agonized. Forever! (actually, about another 2 minutes). Finally.... settled the debate. Maroon micarta on DCBB. BAM! Two! I ONLY do that for ones that I've missed before (or very close).

And.... I think I'm quite pleased with myself.

Same...spent about half a day looking at photos to decide on which two I wanted to order. Went with Black Black, Black micarta and Midnight Blue, maroon micarta. What do you mean "new" black micarta? I didn't see that as an option. I'm a new piglet.

Oh, then I came back two days later and got a CFBMicarta. Did I do the finish and handle acronym good enough? XD

Last edited:
I can't remember if i posted in here or not, regarding what I got. I agonized right up until order.

Not only did I also agonize until the last minute, I also forgot to post what I ordered. This is the first Busse mod l that I will have multiple of. To be exact, I’ll have two. One for keepin, and one for beatin. First and foremost, I had to get a CF with Black G10. That “tuxedo” look on this particular knife just does it for me on some deep level that I don’t fully understand. I would have preferred satin, but that’s okay. CF is the only (current) finish that I don’t have in the collection, so now I will. The agony came when trying to decide how to outfit the beater. With so many color combos I’d like to try, I flip flopped for days. When the time finally came to place my order, I knew what I had to do. That’s right. A second CF with Black G10 to beat on. Can’t wait for the twins to arrive.

Last edited:
What do you mean "new" black micarta? I didn't see that as an option. I'm a new piglet.

Oh, then I came back two days later and got a CFBMicarta. Did I do the finish and handle acronym good enough? XD

The recent black micarta scales seem to be more pure black that earlier. From what I can tell from photos. Comparing photos of older models’ black micarta to what I have black on older models, they both look more gray, or brown-smudged gray. Sorta. Comparing photos of newer black mic with old black mic, the new looks blacker. Not like G10, but at least more pure black-ish. And yeah, you did alright on the handle acronym. At least for me. I understood.

Not only did I also agonize until the last minute, I also forgot to post what I ordered. This is the first Busse mod l that I will have multiple of. To be exact, I’ll have two. One for keepin, and one for beatin. First and foremost, I had to get a CF with Black G10. That “tuxedo” look on this particular knife just does it for me on some deep level that I don’t fully understand. I would have preferred satin, but that’s okay. CF is the only (current) finish that I don’t have in the collection, so now I will. The agony came when trying to decide how o outfit the beater. With so many color combos I’d like to try, I flip flopped for days. When the time finally came to place my order, I knew what I had to do. That’s right. A second CF with Black G10 to beat on. Can’t wait for the twins to arrive.

Seems smart.
I think you’ll like CF. I like it better that the one or two satin finish I have. Unless you’re planning on it being a safe queen. IMO, CF takes a beatin’ The best. Closely followed by BIG. DCBB isn’t far behind.

This was one of those times I actually looked at a second blade- but backed off - This is going to be a great blade I don't think one of us doubts it.

OH... went and looked again. I completely skipped over that part. So, all of them get NM treatment, if I read correctly.

Yup, they all got it...but my point being: why cover up something that rare & sexy? :cool:

ElMRtoE.jpg

mK7HUZ4.jpg

joDzmxI.jpg

hell, I love it so much I even Nuke non-Nuked models

oQGHPZD.jpg

qYNEOy2.jpg

fehtXhf.jpg

ajXxg5p.jpg

Long live the Nukes!

latest

Yup, they all got it...but my point being: why cover up something that rare & sexy? :cool:

ElMRtoE.jpg

mK7HUZ4.jpg

joDzmxI.jpg

hell, I love it so much I even Nuke non-Nuked models

oQGHPZD.jpg

qYNEOy2.jpg

fehtXhf.jpg

ajXxg5p.jpg

Long live the Nukes!

latest

Ive been wanting to have this done to my Forsaken Mistress but I really don't want to chance messing up the blade.

Seriously if I Had the know how, every blade I own would have the meltdown treatment, fixed blades and folders alike.

Back