1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Team GM SE A2 pics.

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by u812, Feb 9, 2018.

1. StealthCaliber

StealthCaliber Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2006
    Well, dried blood but still

2. RedbeAR15

RedbeAR15 Platinum Plucker Platinum Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Wonder what the ratio of swedge vs non was?

3. u812

u812 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 15, 2002
    I wonder about G10 vs Micarta. I have only seen one other pic posted with G10. The 80.00 upgrade may have kept G10 orders low.

4. Apocryphiliac

Apocryphiliac Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2017
    [​IMG]

bubbaskyjacker likes this.
  5. u812

u812 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 15, 2002
    Yours was the other one.

6. u812

Mar 15, 2002
    Can't be sure from the pic,is the tan much lighter than it used to be?

7. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    Having the regular in bruiser and the M in canvas - no way in hell I can do G10 again, Colors are cool, but feel in the hand? ... 2 different planets. I'm need to take a walk out in the woods with both and chop on some sht but I know what I'm liking atm.

8. Bottom Line

Bottom Line Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Has that maroon been oiled or is that how it came? It doesn't have that "dry" look like the other canvas i've been seeing. It actually looks kind of shiny and similar texture to this recent batch of black G10 I have on my TGA2. Looks Great!! I would love to get maroon canvas and CF on a Foresaken Mistress if it will come like that.

9. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    That's how it came. The lighting's different in the pictures, but in real life it looks like my TG SE A2:

[​IMG]

10. Bottom Line

Bottom Line Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Man if someone were to ask me "Based on this picture is the maroon handle G10 or canvas?" I would say G10

11. TRog

TRog Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Man i almost got to see one with midnight/bruiser combo. I dont care if its a tga2 or tva2m, id just like to that color combo on a tg. Nice pics though.

12. u812

Mar 15, 2002
    I bet it has oil on it. Mine had a coat of oil from the factory. Had to wash it to get the tape to stick for the sheath making.

13. phod330

phod330 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2014
    here's a midnight/bruiser combo TGM

Attached Files:

Leonardo63 and TRog like this.
  14. Will York

Will York Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Mine mic’s .270” thick at ricasso and tang extension at the butt. :eek::eek:

Anyone else?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  15. TRog

TRog Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Finally! Thanks man i appreciate the pic. Crazy but that midnight actually looks black. Still a kickass combo though. The swedge really showed up well in your pic to boot

16. u812

Mar 15, 2002
    .25 stock with the coating seems about right.

17. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    Trying that Rit dye on these green canvas for my TGMA2. Used the stovetop method with salt- Found the liquid Rit in dark green (Hobby Lobby is your friend) - so almost black haha! I scuffed them up with a coarse foam sanding block to get lots of fuzz, worked really good too. Not dry yet but seems to have taken really good. Think I'll try the beeswax buffing after I reinstall them - You get a good idea of the color looking at the backside of the canvas mic - They are more of a faded light olive color -

dyed grn canvas tgm.jpg

And here it is all done!

tgmdyedndone.jpg

luethge and Will York like this.
  18. phod330

phod330 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2014
    Thanks! Yeah...the lighting did make it look more black. It actually is a really nice deep midnight blue.

19. Will York

Will York Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Azula measured the TGA2 (full size) at .261 in front of the slabs with sage coating. Is black normally that much thicker than sage these days, or are the A2 TG-M’s thicker than the standard blade length A2 TG? Anyone have both knives and a caliper?

Thanks!
    Will

20. u812

Mar 15, 2002
    Not talking about very much here at all. The coating could be thicker or thinner depending on who was doing the spraying.