Team GM SE A2 pics.

I wonder about G10 vs Micarta. I have only seen one other pic posted with G10. The 80.00 upgrade may have kept G10 orders low.

tp6VPcu.jpg

Can't be sure from the pic,is the tan much lighter than it used to be?

I wonder about G10 vs Micarta. I have only seen one other pic posted with G10. The 80.00 upgrade may have kept G10 orders low.
Having the regular in bruiser and the M in canvas - no way in hell I can do G10 again, Colors are cool, but feel in the hand? ... 2 different planets. I'm need to take a walk out in the woods with both and chop on some sht but I know what I'm liking atm.

Desert Sage with Tan Canvas
Desert Bronze with Maroon Canvas

vNkXR89.jpg

Has that maroon been oiled or is that how it came? It doesn't have that "dry" look like the other canvas i've been seeing. It actually looks kind of shiny and similar texture to this recent batch of black G10 I have on my TGA2. Looks Great!! I would love to get maroon canvas and CF on a Foresaken Mistress if it will come like that.

Has that maroon been oiled or is that how it came? It doesn't have that "dry" look like the other canvas i've been seeing. It actually looks kind of shiny and similar texture to this recent batch of black G10 I have on my TGA2. Looks Great!! I would love to get maroon canvas and CF on a Foresaken Mistress if it will come like that.

That's how it came. The lighting's different in the pictures, but in real life it looks like my TG SE A2:

JN8ftWU.jpg

Man if someone were to ask me "Based on this picture is the maroon handle G10 or canvas?" I would say G10

That's how it came. The lighting's different in the pictures, but in real life it looks like my TG SE A2:

JN8ftWU.jpg
Man i almost got to see one with midnight/bruiser combo. I dont care if its a tga2 or tva2m, id just like to that color combo on a tg. Nice pics though.

I bet it has oil on it. Mine had a coat of oil from the factory. Had to wash it to get the tape to stick for the sheath making.

Mine mic’s .270” thick at ricasso and tang extension at the butt. :eek::eek:

Anyone else?

Last edited:
here's a midnight/bruiser combo TGM
Finally! Thanks man i appreciate the pic. Crazy but that midnight actually looks black. Still a kickass combo though. The swedge really showed up well in your pic to boot

Last edited:
Trying that Rit dye on these green canvas for my TGMA2. Used the stovetop method with salt- Found the liquid Rit in dark green (Hobby Lobby is your friend) - so almost black haha! I scuffed them up with a coarse foam sanding block to get lots of fuzz, worked really good too. Not dry yet but seems to have taken really good. Think I'll try the beeswax buffing after I reinstall them - You get a good idea of the color looking at the backside of the canvas mic - They are more of a faded light olive color -

dyed grn canvas tgm.jpg

And here it is all done!

tgmdyedndone.jpg

Last edited:
Finally! Thanks man i appreciate the pic. Crazy but that midnight actually looks black. Still a kickass combo though. The swedge really showed up well in your pic to boot

Thanks! Yeah...the lighting did make it look more black. It actually is a really nice deep midnight blue.

Mine mic’s .270” thick at ricasso and tang extension at the butt. :eek::eek:

Anyone else?

.25 stock with the coating seems about right.

Azula measured the TGA2 (full size) at .261 in front of the slabs with sage coating. Is black normally that much thicker than sage these days, or are the A2 TG-M’s thicker than the standard blade length A2 TG? Anyone have both knives and a caliper?

Thanks!
Will

Not talking about very much here at all. The coating could be thicker or thinner depending on who was doing the spraying.

Back