TechStudio K01 Profile Sharpening System

another question: what is the 'abrasive grit'?

I0CM2Cj.jpg

is this stuff for leveling stones, like in the edgepro Stone Leveling Kit?

I do not own them yet but shapton glass appear to be highly regarded.

You appear to be on the right track from CKTG... But largely its going to depend on what you are going to be sharpening. 63 HRC is hard but that is not the only determinative factor to look at, it helps to know what materials are in the blade.

Diamond stones will cut on anything and CBN will too for the most part, but perhaps a bit slower at times depending on the knife.

I have some atoma plates that are very nice along with venev diamonds that are very nice set but I think I want to try out some shapton glass too.

hi guys, first time posting.

freehouse32:
thoughtful and illustrative experiment. could have just been demonstrated with some trigonometry, but nice to see a real world example and mechanical compensation for the angle differential.
i think most of all you've shown me the importance of shelling out a measly $30-$40 for a digital angle gauge. the analog gauge that comes built in is nice to have, but i won't be relying on it too much.

i've read the entire thread, and i am super tempted to buy one of these! nice system.

i'm really lost when it comes to what kind of stones to get with it though. perhaps someone can advise?
i definitely want a good range of grits (all the way up to 6000+ grit polishing), and i know for example that i will be sharpening some japanese kitchen knives with hardness in the ~63HRC range.
should i just skip the stones from tsprof and get some stuff from CKTG?
there are so many options, my head's spinning.

also i have a nice strop setup already, and i don't mind doing that by hand after sharpening and polishing.

thanks

thanks for the advice.

fyi 63HRC blade i had in mind is fancy carbon steel (aogami super)

I am by no means a steel guru, but many on here are.

I do know some basics though and if it is just carbon steel and at 63 HRC you should be able to find plenty of stones to fit your needs ranging from budget friendly to the cream of the crop stones! GL!

Hello,
I reccomend you to use standart single clamp for your 3mm thick knives.

Here the photo of how close to the center you can put clamps:

Hi tsprof,

are K02 systems currently available? if i ordered one now, when would it ship?

thanks

Hi tsprof,

are K02 systems currently available? if i ordered one now, when would it ship?

thanks

I just talked with him with the same question. He said late April into may

Hello,
Yes, we start next shipping batch from the end of the April - beginning of the May, 2017.

Hello,
Yes, we start next shipping batch from the end of the April - beginning of the May, 2017.

I placed an order today on the website. Will that secure a K02 for the next shipment, or is it only confirmed after payment? I haven't received any of that information or payment instructions yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hello Guys!
New Arkansas stones arrived!

Arkansas hard
FINE
This natural Arkansas stone is a high quality stone that can be used for sharpening knives and other cutting tools. This stone will outlast its competitors and produce a better finish than bonded or man-made abrasive stones. The hard grit is a fine grit and when it comes to high grade abrasive stones, the Arkansas stone is the finest grade abrasive stone available. It is perfect for helping you keep your knives and tools polished and for maintaining fine cutting edges on knives and fine edges on your jewelers tools.
Grit: ‎800-1000
Size: 151х23х6mm
Made in USA

Arkansas black
ULTRA FINE
This natural Arkansas stone is a high quality stone that can be used for sharpening knives and other cutting tools. This stone will outlast its competitors and produce a better finish than bonded or man-made abrasive stones. The true hard grit is an extra fine grit and when it comes to high grade abrasive stones, the Arkansas stone is the finest grade abrasive stone available.The stone has enough grit to help contain any knives in perfect condition.
Grit: ‎2000-3000
Made in USA

Arkansas translucent
EXTRA FINE
This natural Arkansas stone is a high quality stone that can be used for sharpening knives and other cutting tools. This stone will outlast its competitors and produce a better finish than bonded or man-made abrasive stones. The true hard grit is an extra fine grit and when it comes to high grade abrasive stones, the Arkansas stone is the finest grade abrasive stone available. It is perfect for those applications where an extremely fine polish is required.
Grit: ‎3000-5000

I'm looking to purchase a knife sharpening kit. Like soon. Between Wicked Edge, KME, and EP, what are the benefits of getting this sharpening system? Convince me that I need this one. I'm about to pull the trigger on some sharpening kit until I saw this thread and watched some vids on YouTube. This will be my one and done. I don't want to end up getting disappointed which leads me to get another system. For ones who have this system and the others styles for comparison, why should I get this one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm looking to purchase a knife sharpening kit. Like soon. Between Wicked Edge, KME, and EP, what are the benefits of getting this sharpening system? Convince me that I need this one. I'm about to pull the trigger on some sharpening kit until I saw this thread and watched some vids on YouTube. This will be my one and done. I don't want to end up getting disappointed which leads me to get another system. For ones who have this system and the others styles for comparison, why should I get this one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's definitely a nice sharpener. I am wavering back and forth with this and a Wicked Edge. I like this sharpener but I don't like the long distance relationship aspect. There has been issues with parts missing, broken, etc due to long distance travel. I personally don't know if I want to deal with issues from the other side of the world??? Tough call

I thought the same thing. It would be really nice if they would team up with a distributor in Europe and the US that also deals with customs. I bet they'd sell a lot more. Many distributors will probably also order in bulk, which would solve the problem with end-users having to wait for production queues.

I thought the same thing. It would be really nice if they would team up with a distributor in Europe and the US that also deals with customs. I bet they'd sell a lot more. Many distributors will probably also order in bulk, which would solve the problem with end-users having to wait for production queues.

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, it was lost in transit !!!, from between JFK customs and Hawaii ,.. my order #is 5320 ... I place my order back in October 2016 .. Paul said , I had to wait till the next shipment in March 10 2017 .... I hope it makes the March shipping date !!! ... Paul send me a email ....

EXACTLY my fear. Super nice sharpener. But to much money to not have US distributor support. Hopefully some day that will be.

Back