TechStudio K01 Profile Sharpening System

That model in video is KO2. Not the KO3. There is another video on YouTube showing the KO1,KO2, & KO3. Can't understand it but you can get a quick visual.

So the video that I re-posted with the upgraded features is not the K03 then? I couldn't find any info about the K03 other than this video showing some new features over the what I thought was current K02. Do you have a link to the video you mention? I can't seem to locate it searching YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul, my mistake. That is the KO3. I must have clicked a different​ link first. The KO3 definitely looks nice!!!

Hi Paul,

I recently purchased the K02 model. Can I purchase the lifting unit separately and convert my sharpener to the K03 style?

From the videos I watch I see the clamp flexes with knife in it while Sharpening. Is this an issue? Doesn't keep a constant angle?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,
Glad you are very interested in the K03 base, and here some FAQ:
1. Q: Can i upgrade my K02 order to K03?
A: Yes! You can, just text me: paultechman@hotmail.com
2. Q: What is the K03?
A: K03 is the upgraded K02 model, with lifting unit which is improve ergonomic of our sharpener and helps you to set angle level faster and easier.
3. Q: How i can order K03?
A: Just go to our website:http: tsprof.com then go to configurator, choose the K02 body and then mark "lifting unit" which will shows after you choose K02.

If you have anny other questions, feel free to ask me anywhere: facebook, mail, or directly here!

just got confirmation on my order from Paul. Looking forward to sharpener arriving in middle - end of April.

Jim

Ive tried to read through the whole thread. From what Ive gathered, you can't sharpen a knife with a .32 thickness with this correct?

Hello, yes, it is possible to sharpen kinfe .32 thickness, but you'll have to place the knife on the very end of the clamps

Last edited:
Special K02 version with elements made of decorative mineral stone.
This mineral is a rock green or yellow-green with distinctive veins and dark spots, making it a color and pattern similar to a snake's skin. That's why it is called a serpentine, which translated from Latin means 'snake stone'.

Is there a price difference between the metal and the stone?

Is there a weight difference between the two bases?

Serpentinite in California is known to contain naturally occurring asbestos....which is bad. Especially since the Mohs hardness of this material is between 3-6. Any testing done on the minerals you are using for the presence of chrysotile?

Would requesting one of these on an existing order require a longer wait?

Last edited:
Paul,

I would love to see a comprehensive video of the new lifting unit for the k02. Even better would be a video with side by side comparison.

Thanks

Justin

Is there a price difference between the metal and the stone?

Is there a weight difference between the two bases?

Serpentinite in California is known to contain naturally occurring asbestos....which is bad. Especially since the Mohs hardness of this material is between 3-6. Any testing done on the minerals you are using for the presence of chrysotile?

Would requesting one of these on an existing order require a longer wait?

Hello,
This custom instances comes to ebay auction soon. Price will be about 100$ more then for regular design.
This mineral is clean and has been purchased from the dealer, which make this stones for home use, so this is 100% safe to use it in home.

H
Paul,

I would love to see a comprehensive video of the new lifting unit for the k02. Even better would be a video with side by side comparison.

Thanks

Justin

Hello Justin,

Unfortunately, i do not have possibility to make a video now, but here two photos, where you can see difference between K02 and K03. K03 Lifting unit allows you to sharpen way easier than with regular K02 height setting handle, because you can just tight up two screws and change your angle way faster.
K02 (without lifting unit):

K03 (with lifting unit):

It is hard to tell from the picture, but is there a gear mechanism on the shaft now? Im just trying to understand how it is easier to change angles and if it is worth the extra $100. It appears that one knob locks it down, but I can not tell how the other knob works other than I assume it is the up and down.

Justin

Has anyone used the removable table to sharpen lawnmower blades. I would think mulching blades would be hard to do, but my mower uses a fairly straight blade

Back