Tenacious Lighweight in 8cr13mov VS s35vn

Radiused spine, I like it!

I was only going to delete the point at the top of the thumb ramp but then I could feel those crisp spine edges calling out.

Unfortunately I am a total novice when it comes to disassembly. It’s scary.
Actually, there are quite a few WEs available here. Proximity to China, maybe? ;)
I never thought they were a brand that would offer quality for years to last. Might be worth a look-see...

Don't be scared. Start by getting some quality hex bits. Then take your time. Lay out the screws and hardware so you can remember where they go. Besides being a fun general learning experience, it will help you to get to know your EDC knife on a different level. If my previous posts are any indication, Spyderco might not be the best place to start on this.

Part of the ease in disassembling and reassembling the WE-made knives is that they just fit better. There isn't as much slop for things to get out of alignment. There is just less to worry about and the hardware is more forgiving.

That said, I think WE knives easily offer "quality for years to last". That's also true of their more affordable Civivi knives.

I was only going to delete the point at the top of the thumb ramp but then I could feel those crisp spine edges calling out.

Don't be scared. Start by getting some quality hex bits. Then take your time. Lay out the screws and hardware so you can remember where they go. Besides being a fun general learning experience, it will help you to get to know your EDC knife on a different level. If my previous posts are any indication, Spyderco might not be the best place to start on this.

Part of the ease in disassembling and reassembling the WE-made knives is that they just fit better. There isn't as much slop for things to get out of alignment. There is just less to worry about and the hardware is more forgiving.

That said, I think WE knives easily offer "quality for years to last". That's also true of their more affordable Civivi knives.
I’ll have a look at WE and Civivi. I actually know of a shop that sells them. Usually, where I live, it’s all online sellers only.
Thanks for the encouragement.
Actually, I got a Benchmade torx set (the blue belt-clip box) for a few $. Used to move a pocket clip once. ;)

Back