Terrasaur or Bushfinger?

The Camp Nessie is definitely on my short list, possibly next in line after this decision. Derrick @ KSF had a dandy in emerald green burlap that I absolutely loved buts it's found a new home. I will be checking out that review.

My list is growing...

I know I showed you some Bushfinger love but that's only because of your thread title.
My favorite model hands down is the Bushcrafter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm gonna vote Terrasaur. :thumbup:
DSC02835-vi.jpg

:D

Wow that is a dandy collection Onedog, I really dig the green one with the higher grind.

Scotcha - I was a little slow today on the Bushfinger you had for sale - man that was a beauty.

One more favor to ask...

Could anyone post a picture of a Hiking Buddy next to a Bushfinger and a picture of a Hiking Buddy next to a Terrasaur? Bonus points if you have all three and can get them in one shot!

Bushfinger and Hiking Buddy. I don't have a Terrasaur. Hope this helps.

2JHbLhH.jpg

Last edited:
One more favor to ask...

Could anyone post a picture of a Hiking Buddy next to a Bushfinger and a picture of a Hiking Buddy next to a Terrasaur? Bonus points if you have all three and can get them in one shot!

Here ya go. Bonus points and everything. :D

DSC02877-vi.jpg

How about double bonus points for putting a Recluse in there as well? :D

Westy, I think you have zeroed in on two fantastic knives. I've had both and enjoyed each one for different reasons. Currently I do not have either anymore simply because I have found I use and prefer smaller knives. I enjoy users under 8".

A thin, high grind Bushfinger would be great for food prep. The wide blade would help keep your knuckles from contacting the cutting board. It makes for a good field dressing knife too. But in my opinion, the blade is too wide for deboning large game and small fish cleaning.

A Terrasuar is a fantastic bushcraft, carving, field dressing etc, knife. The narrow blade makes for a great deboning knife too but would not be as good as a food prep tool.

Just a few pics of the ones I had in the past. :)

Thanks Onedog! That's the 3 I've narrowed it down to for my next 4" model, I think...

Schmittie, that's an awesome post. Very helpful. I'm adding the Recluse to my list because I'm a big fan of that model.

If you had to pick one of the 3 as a general, do it all, including a decent bit of large game cleaning and boning out in the field which would you pick?

Now, which of the 3 would you pick with all the same uses, but the big game prep is also supplemented by a replaceable scalpel blade knife like a Havalon? I've used a Havalon to do all of my big game prep so far, but would like to supplement some of the work with a fixed blade.

If you had to pick one of the 3 as a general, do it all, including a decent bit of large game cleaning and boning out in the field which would you pick?

Now, which of the 3 would you pick with all the same uses, but the big game prep is also supplemented by a replaceable scalpel blade knife like a Havalon? I've used a Havalon to do all of my big game prep so far, but would like to supplement some of the work with a fixed blade.

Hmmm, I'd rule out the Bushfinger personally. The blade profile of the Recluse and Terrasuar is really similar. I guess it would come down to your hand size and handle preference. Both would work great.

Hmmm, I'd rule out the Bushfinger personally. The blade profile of the Recluse and Terrasuar is really similar. I guess it would come down to your hand size and handle preference. Both would work great.

Those were my thoughts as well. Thanks man.

Hulk2e & Onedog - thank for posting up those pictures - that really helps me put it in perspective the size of these two knives (+ the Recluse) in comparison with the Hiking Buddy that I have.

schmitte - thank you for your insight as well. This thread is turning up some good information.

Onedog - what is your preference in steel thickness for the Terrasaur (it looks like you have a nice variety)?

Back