Test Busse BM V Talonite Custom 9"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Orion:
Hoodoo-
"Have you made computers? Do you know anything about microprocessor technology or electrical engineering? ANY kind of background in computer sciences? Have you written any articles on computers? Are you a well-known, generally respected authority on computers?"

If the answer to any of the above is "no", then, by your own account, you have no business using a computer and thereby posting on this forum.

Music critics are generally failed musicians and accomplished musicians generally make lousy critics. The same holds true in most fields and I am sure the field of knives is no different. That's why the people who design software send it to users (at random) to be tested... NOT experts.

Orion

Orion,
Interesting analogy but it fails miserably. There is a big difference between "using" a computer and evaluating its performance on a technical level. But--am I qualified to use a computer. I must be since I know how to do it and am doing it right now.

Obviously you confuse being able to use a knife with being able to evalute high performance knives. Just because you can drive a ford doesn't mean you are qualified to evaluate the performance of a ferrari.

And as far as evaluating software, as a beta tester myself of several software packages, I can tell you that programmers prefer feedback from people that have at least some inkling of what's going on. But feedback about bugs is hardly comparable to high quality knife testing. Software programmers want to know if their software will run on a variety of machines and is compatible with a variety of different other software packages. It's cheaper for them to send it out to beta testers than to try to simulate all manner of conditions in their lab.

And as far as people who test knives are nothing more than failures in the "field of knives," well I guess that would include most people who make knives and generally have ways of testing their knives. But no doubt there are some people out there who "test" knives and probably shouldn't which is really a supposition that supports my argument, not yours. So, in summary...
tongue.gif

------------------
Hoodoo

I get some pleasure from finding a relentlessly peaceful use for a combative looking knife.
JKM

Gentlemen! There is no need to start little side arguments with each other. The General let his enthusiasm, inexperience, and intelligence get the better of him. I do not think he is anywhere as evil as some in this thread have implied. But neither are some of the folks who have mounted the attack against him.

W.A. You need to understand that you have very little credibility on this board. You are new, and you are young. The average age of members of BFC is 37. Many of us have multiple degrees. Many who do not have learned their lessons the hard way in the real world. Not everyone communicates as well as you. But you have a lot to learn about effective communication as well. Stop trying so hard, just try to contribute when you can, don't get to overambitious with your desire to make a contribution. It can backfire on you big time
wink.gif

Can we all just let this matter drop now and let WA learn his lesson in silence? He has already taken quite a flogging and I think its time to let him (and everyone else) heal. Deal?

Paracelsus, wayward moderator

nemmo,

you dont need to copy my posts as i dont edit them out after making somebody cry like many do
tongue.gif
go ahead and insult me too
biggrin.gif
i can take it and if ever i deserve my idiot award, i will gladly except it.

all i ask is that when you jump on my a$$ you at least spell my name right! only one n pal
tongue.gif
you guys that want to come off as smarter and more "manly" should at least spell things right. or you could be the next award recipient!

also i think you fail to realize i am moderator only on the whine&cheese forum! am i not allowed my opinion on any other forums like you all?? ohhhh sorry, thats one reason we fought against british rule.

Mr. Busse,
sorry this happened in your forum
frown.gif
nemmo please come to whine&cheese if you can handle it.

[This message has been edited by HermanKnives (edited 11-20-2000).]

Herman, sorry for the double N.

I just can notice some are good moderators like Paracelsus and you are just doing the exactly opposite...

To be moderator, I believe is not restricted to only one forum.

Also Herman, you have deleted your "idiot award picture" for The General and Cliff Stamps since my first post in that thread making me looking like I am over reacting.

[This message has been edited by Nemo (edited 11-20-2000).]

nemo,

if you will notice Jerry Busse edited out my award picture! not me!! so please get your sh*t straight, i dont remove things from my posts! i say what i feel and dont retract it like many here so please get your facts straight before accusing me of deleting stuff
tongue.gif
and please bring this th whine & cheese if you wish to continue. your award awaits you there
biggrin.gif

Tim, you're not helping anyone here. Just let this stuff go. Do you really care what Nemo thinks about you (please don't answer in this thread)
wink.gif

A point on BFC moderators, we can post in any forum just like anyone else, but we only have moderator 'powers' (lock, delete, move, edit) in our respective forums. I have no ability to do anything other than post like anyone else in this thread. That is true for Tim as well.

Jerry, I you would like this thread off your hands, either lock it up (it is serving no good purpose at all), or move to the general forum and I will deal with it.

Paracelsus

crucified.gif

------------------
"KEEP IT SIMPLE"

"Lead, follow, or get out of the way"

Originally posted by Paracelsus:
Can we all just let this matter drop now and let WA learn his lesson in silence? He has already taken quite a flogging and I think its time to let him (and everyone else) heal. Deal?

Paracelsus, wayward moderator

10-4 good buddy. How about giving us all a big hug?
wink.gif

------------------
Hoodoo

I get some pleasure from finding a relentlessly peaceful use for a combative looking knife.
JKM

Wooopsie!

[This message has been edited by Vampire Gerbil (edited 11-21-2000).]

After what we feel has been plenty of time for this thread to recover or turn to a more productive discussion, it is being locked as it has been determined that the substance has very little to do with Busse Combat Knives or have any relevance to spirit of the discussions which normally occur on the Busse Combat Forum.

It would be better served on another Forum here at BladeForums.com.

If anyone requires clarification on this matter, please contact the Busse Shop or my office directly...

------------------
Andy Prisco, Manager
Sharper Instinct, LLC
Phone: 1-201-493-2469
Orders-Toll Free: 1-877-557-5200
Fax: 1-201-493-2039
Visa/Mastercard Accepted

Authorized Dealers:
Busse Combat Knives
Big East Bows
Jersey Rigg Lures

Professional Svcs: