1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 33 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Boker Urban Trapper 732 , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

That "ah ha!" moment

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by SuburbanBarbarian, Aug 12, 2018.

1. JPD1998

JPD1998 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 18, 2004
    I've never had an "Ah Ha" moment, I've already known for years that a thin bladed lock back or slippie is all you ever need for most cutting tasks.

But that hasn't stopped me from buying any sharp objects that catch my eye. I see a knife and say to myself "that knife would be great for... ( fill in the blank)"

Hickory n steel likes this.
  2. Alberta Ed

Alberta Ed

Jun 29, 1999
    I get those moments a lot, it seems...:rolleyes:

WinchesteRalox likes this.
  3. WinchesteRalox

WinchesteRalox

Mar 26, 2018
    I had two a-ha moments. The day that I quit carrying cheap gas station knives and the day that I got a case sodbuster Junior and a sak classic in the pockets together.

dc50, Hickory n steel and BTGuy like this.
  4. Pomsbz

Pomsbz

Jul 31, 2015
    My first SAK. The realisation that for very low double digit numbers I could get all the pocket knife I could ever really need with build quality above knives costing in triple digits.

5. herisson

herisson Knuckle dragging and mean minded Neanderthal Platinum Member

Mar 11, 2013
    I believe it was the first pocketable fixed blade I purchased. The one in the middle : Böker Beauty. The amount of average tasks you can master with a small blade is amazing (and this is a very small blade).
    [​IMG]
    Starting from there, I now have this one in my pocket everyday : Slicer by Dalibor Seckar (Daado on BF). Added to the great performance at everyday tasks is the feeling that the knife sits at home in the hand. An "Ah, ha !" event on its own.
    [​IMG]
    Doesn't stop me from buying bigger blades... they are loads of fun. Especially in the kitchen. I have a combo of two I can barely put to rest...

BTGuy likes this.
  6. Grateful

Grateful Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 5, 2002
    When I finally paired a sak with a Spyderco.

danbot likes this.
  7. BTGuy

BTGuy Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 5, 2016
    Changing the SAK Classic on my keychain for a Leatherman Squirt was fairly close to an "ah ha" moment for me. Very nice to have pliers, scissors, blade, and assorted other tools that fit comfortably in my pocket.