That "ah ha!" moment

I've never had an "Ah Ha" moment, I've already known for years that a thin bladed lock back or slippie is all you ever need for most cutting tasks.

But that hasn't stopped me from buying any sharp objects that catch my eye. I see a knife and say to myself "that knife would be great for... ( fill in the blank)"

I believe it was the first pocketable fixed blade I purchased. The one in the middle : Böker Beauty. The amount of average tasks you can master with a small blade is amazing (and this is a very small blade).
LHFGfCN.jpg

Starting from there, I now have this one in my pocket everyday : Slicer by Dalibor Seckar (Daado on BF). Added to the great performance at everyday tasks is the feeling that the knife sits at home in the hand. An "Ah, ha !" event on its own.
dwGzMeu.jpg

Doesn't stop me from buying bigger blades... they are loads of fun. Especially in the kitchen. I have a combo of two I can barely put to rest...

Changing the SAK Classic on my keychain for a Leatherman Squirt was fairly close to an "ah ha" moment for me. Very nice to have pliers, scissors, blade, and assorted other tools that fit comfortably in my pocket.

Back