That Endura

The Endura is my favorite Spyderco. I own many other models but the E4 always ends up back in my pocket.

Back in the 90's and earlier I carried the Buck 110. In the early 90's a coworker showed me his Endura. Couldn't believe how light it was compared to the 110. The Endura was one hand opening and had a pocket clip - BRILLIANT!

I was hooked since then and presently own more Enduras than any other knife, no matter what brand.

Yeah, it's awesome. Super minimalistic and and excellent cutter. I carried a Delica for a while, but I often feel the need for a longer edge, so now I usually bring the Endura. Keep it in my inside jacket pocket.

I have had a stainless Endura for years. Just bought my first FFG Endura this week.

I can't believe I waited so long! Slices so much better!

:sulkiness:I was supposed to receive a ZDP-189 Friday but got a VG-10 saber grind instead. The seller is going to correct it with an exchange but now I have to give back a new Endura and Im not liking the thought of that. I will be adjusting the tension screw a bit because she is real tight, wipe her down and place her nicley in the box in hopes she will make her way to someone who will appreciate her.....I'm not feeling well.

The Endura was my first also.

Foliage Green Combo for me.
2be4072379d59f10c8a83fbf0d3d71f8.jpg

Reactions: vba
I have the black on black part. serrated and it can't seem to grow on me. I like it but just can't seem to let it get pocket time over my pm2, sebenza, zt, griptilian, and whatever else I decide. I'd sell it if someone wanted it.

highpoint- dunt sell it. You'll just get another.
Thanks, Gang. I have my Orange E4 clipped to my pocket, TD. :)

highpoint- dunt sell it. You'll just get another.
Thanks, Gang. I have my Orange E4 clipped to my pocket, TD. :)

I've thought that. I would much rather have a fully serrated or plain edge. Thinking about selling it and replacing it with a delica. Going to hold off for now but I think a reason I don't enjoy carrying it is because I don't have a pocket clip for it and have to take the one off my pm2 if I want to carry it :grumpy:

Here's my old "Frank-Endura" 4. Started off as a regular E4, that the previous owner had cut a "wave" feature into; I removed it later. (Dang, VG-10 is some tough stuff.) I've cannibalized it for parts & rebuilt it several times. Still locks up with no play at all. It no longer has black scales, it has BRG scales from a ZDP-189 model now.

Going to hold off for now but I think a reason I don't enjoy carrying it is because I don't have a pocket clip for it and have to take the one off my pm2 if I want to carry it :grumpy:

If you're okay with doing this, PM me your address. I have an extra black-painted clip you can have (used with some wear but fully functional.) I think I have extra clip screws as well.

~Chris

Last edited:
I've never been a massive Spyderco fan but I gotta say, I love my Endura and Salt......both great EDC blades.

mjoNza.jpg

rre2UT.jpg

Thinking of picking up a Delica and another Endura or even a Tasman Salt.

I got a ffg vg-10(my first vg-10 bkade) endura a few weeks back I have been pleased with it till this morning. I noticed a small chip. I got to inspecting my blade and seen two spots had rolled as well. I didn't abuse it. Heck I didn't even do any heavy use with it.

I guess my question is, is this what I should expect from vg-10 or am I so us to my s30v I don't see it as abuse?

I noticed that when I got mine, but it ended up that I was hitting staples on the boxes I was opening. Now I'm more careful. I find that they come a little to fine for me. I like a slightly coarser edge. My VG10 has held up just as well as my S30V blades. Your mileage may vary.

Back