The 1st cut is the deepest. Do you still own your 1st CRK?

I was wondering how many out there still have their first CRK, and whether that blade is special in some way? I still have my first, which is the Micarta 21 pictured. Got a few more since this one, but it still has a special place, and still gets lots of pocket time. Do you still have your 1st? Did you stop at one? Do you wish you had your 1st back?

IMG_5381_zps5569cee6.jpg

Sure I do! And use it a lot... it's Regular Sebenza in BG42 steel, in the meantime I added 'fizz' finish (with permission from Matt Cucciara, the originator), pvd, then stonewashed the pvd. Also had to change the stud for my own double stud as I ruined the original one during some extreme use of my Seb. But yeah, still got it and it's not for sale. Never :D

7146A850-C35A-4AC5-92C7-07B07531C216-85348-000009BE9CF0D654.jpg

Nope, I bought a Small 21 first and sacrificed it for a Large 21 Insingo. :)

I still have my first, a small Insingo, but if circumstances required, I would sell it before quite a few of my other Sebenzas.

Still got mine, a small plain Jane 21! It's at the spa right now mad I'm gettin lonesome for it. It would b the LAST knife I would sell.

I still have my first which was a Large Insingo but then again I only have two. The other is a 25. I cannot imagine selling either one. Both special in their own way to me.

I've thought once or twice about selling my first (a small, plain 21) but I just can't do it.

I still have my first CRK folder (a Regular) but my actual first CRK (a Mtnr I) was gifted to a friend not so long ago. I hope he's looking after it. :D.

My first was gifted away. (A very early Umnumzaan).

I'm glad I gave it away, it is now being carried daily by a person who prior to that gift never carried a knife. I'd like to think it turned him into a knife appreciator.

I lost my first Seb at a gas station many years ago..Lrg Regular. Yep,. wish I had it back,..but over the years, I have bought and sold many CRK's...none more precious than the first. Probably the reason why the others were fairly easy to let go.

Sure, why not? Took me a long time to decide on a graphic, and I will never let it go. My first and last sebenza, but two years later i got a ti-lock. Mnandi may be in the future :)

I sold my first to another member here, it was a Startac and since have gotten a lefty which is more suitable for a lefty. I have compiled many others and I have only let a few go. I look at them and know I don't need this many CRK's. As I sort through them to determine which ones need to go, all but one stay in the gotta keep it pile. Maybe one day I'll thin them out, but not today

Sold my first due to my ex wife's nagging. New and wonderful wife and 6 CRKs later :)

I was thinking about you the other day Cody. Haven't seen a thread from you in a while and bam, this one shows up. Hope you haven't been working too much. The work down here has been getting stupidly busy. All the best to you and your family.

I was thinking about you the other day Cody. Haven't seen a thread from you in a while and bam, this one shows up. Hope you haven't been working too much. The work down here has been getting stupidly busy. All the best to you and your family.

Thanks Ajack. Have been really busy at work, so you guessed right. Likewise to you and yours. Barring some sudden obsession with Striders :eek: I think I'll be around for the long haul on the CRK thread. Great people here.

I would still own mine if it was not taken by force back in 2009. Small regular that I saved up for and bought as a graduation gift to myself.

Sorry, cant help it, here are the old pictures.

DSCF1947.jpg

DSC01237.jpg

P5260007.jpg

P4090002.jpg

DSC01339.jpg

DSCF2102.jpg

PB250007.jpg

That knife was born a number of years after but one day before me. :D:thumbup:

That knife was born a number of years after but two days before me. :D:thumbup:

I have only ever seen one with my birthdate, 'twas an annual selling for WAY more than I'd pay for a knife that I would carry and use daily:)

I'm still looking for one that fits the bill.

Back