The 1st cut is the deepest. Do you still own your 1st CRK?

All started just over a month ago with a Large plain insigno Inkosi...

And now the only folder left to acquire is the impinda.... I do realize I have a problem and I'm cool with this problem.

Technically, no. I bought my first, a large 21 sebenza plain jane (fortunately from a B&M store), and the next day took it back and swapped it for a large 21 micarta drop point with micarta scales. I figured that I would never spend this much on a knife again, so might as well get the micarta version. As if! I was hooked.....

Then I lucked into a small sebenza insingo with micarta scales, supposed to be be the ideal EDC. Loved the insingo style, so found an excellent condition large 21 plain with insingo blade. Picked up a really nice large 21 circuits. Bought a plain jane 21 with double studs, owner decided he wanted it back 2 days later, so I picked up a really nice Umnumzaan in exchange.

Purchased a nyala drop point, then was able to get a nyala insingo before they sold out in Canada. Finally went for a new natural micarta inkosi dp.

Love them all, but use the umnum, inkosi, and large insingo most right now.

Grail would be a large 21 dp with Box Elder inlays, maybe damascus blade.

I was wondering how many out there still have their first CRK, and whether that blade is special in some way? I still have my first, which is the Micarta 21 pictured. Got a few more since this one, but it still has a special place, and still gets lots of pocket time. Do you still have your 1st? Did you stop at one? Do you wish you had your 1st back?

IMG_5381_zps5569cee6.jpg
I bought my Mountaineer 1 here in Boise after reading about a local knife maker. It was a big expense at $175! I sometimes think about selling it as I don’t carry it anymore, but I can’t bring myself to do it yet. (And probably won’t).

Sure do. I got a Classic Sebenza MM large 21 about 8 years ago, still have it, still carry it, still love it.
Havent got anymore because although its great, CRK is way above my usual knife budget.

My first CRK, I will never forget the feeling of unboxing and carrying it. It was my first super high end knife in that price range and I immediately knew what the hype was about. Even though I don’t really carry smaller knives much anymore I can never get rid of my first, the BHQ Exclusive Small CF Sebenza 21

EURoy01.jpg

I absolutely still have my first. It's the one that made me fall for CRK in the first place. I'm not really a seller but of all my CRK's, it's the one I'll always keep. I actually think I'll put this one in my pocket right now for the coming week(s).

eHPbWwS.jpg

My first was an older Regular that I ended up selling as I did not like the lock access.

BJ1bYFc.jpg
I just got my first a couple weeks ago from a member here. Large 21 pj has my wife’s birthday and 2015 year which is the year my daughter was born. So this one will probably be a keeper. Just trying to decide if I should send it in for a spa treatment and start fresh to add my own character marks or keep it as is and continue adding to the previous owners marks

Last edited:
Yes, I picked up a 1st generation Mnandi used here years ago. I carried it a bit than put it away, I feared misplacing it. A few years ago I took it out and it has been my edc. I would carry the delica during the weekend and nothing during the week. I wear a suit and the delica didn't work as good as the Mnandi. I have acquired other Chris Reeve knives but the Mnandi is the only I have bought multiples of. I am considering a small pj damascus.

Back