The 2022 Garden, Landscape, and Other Stuff Thread…

Got the raised bed cleaned up now just waiting on the weather .
IMG-20220423-165229974.jpg

Coolest bird there is.
They like to cruise just above the tree tops and then snatch the little lizards that are out sunning themselves. It’s always fun to watch them glide around our area. We have lots of tall pine trees and that must attract them for nesting.

I occasionally see them here in central Louisisna and when I do I’ll take the time to watch them for several minutes. A few times I’ve been asked “Bird watcher?” or “Bird fan?” and my reply has always been “No just that one.”.

We also have Japs, Serrano, Dragon Cayenne and Trinidad Scorpion plants coming up for peppers. Cucumbers, green onions, red onions, squash, zuccini, carrots, and a few others I'm missing as well.

Thanks, I knew you would like the gardening pics! We've been canning food like a mad man lately and will can all of these veggies too when ready.
Saw that I still have peppers and a few other things in the freezer from last year .

Saw that I still have peppers and a few other things in the freezer from last year .

How do you eat the peppers from the freezer? We froze a bunch last year, but when I lay them on the counter to thaw out, they become real mushy. Is there a secret to keeping the texture?

Back