The 50 GEC Christmas Day Giveaway!!!

This is the only "collection" pic I have on my phone right now.
blPjcT3.jpg

One of the peanuts went to Rishma and the other(the darker) one has been in my pocket everyday for over a month now. The peanut has really shifted my focus to smaller knives, and I think the 14 would fit right in!
Thanks for your generous giveaway, and what a beautiful collection you have got there!

Edit: I felt like I should put up a more proper collection pic. Here's my current collection of 2 blade knives with a straight edge secondary blade. I feel like a broken record, but I truly am passionate about finding knives that fit this criteria.
Here is the current collection
vFBqbdy.jpg

Last edited:
8979594f9459d5d3b7152a150a9209a6.jpg

07d51da18e50378fa2bd9f59807e7e0c.jpg

I have 8 GECs. I am relatively new to traditionals. But these are my two favorite right now! My first GEC was a #18 coyote it was just two small. My son has a nifebrite #14 it would be cool if we had matching blades! Thanks for the great giveaway!!! [emoji106]

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Have never owned a GEC but am currently searching for a blue camel bone single blade. I have not posted 50 plus times in traditionals as I am just starting to learn about and admire this blades. Amazing collection man!!!

This collection has had a few added to it and two were reluctantly passed on to individuals that really, really wanted them. I collect the larger gunstock pattern. Not the Case style, but more along the lines of Queen's.

Gunstock20Collection_zpswglccebw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm mostly a user. I like to carry these renewed classics, but here is a picture of one of my father's displays. He is a collector only, and Case only. This is what a collector with the "disease" has all over his house:

20140327_192324_zps84d0b7bc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Your father has an amazing display. I could stand there and look at them for an hour!

I'd first like to wish all my friends on the porch a very happy holiday season and a happy and healthy new year.

When I was a child and did something stupid my Mom would always say "if so and so jumped off a bridge would you follow him?". Thanks for the GAW Barrett and 50 GEC's because I can always point to you and say "see!".

That 83 is one of my favs RobbW. I just picked up my first Case mini Copperlock EdJ and I can only say what took me so long. Bob, nice pic and wishing you the best. Hokie_Fan, STAG!. Just beautiful Paul. Rookie, without you where would we see the Tuna Valley Knives. For those I missed, each collection is always special.
These are my GEC stags with a 57 Wrangler on the way

e258f1b1148ce6c1cf07eac083f02371.jpg
3922c8b74715667896da257aa39d2e18.jpg

Excellent posts, everyone! I'm really enjoying reading them and seeing all the collections of knives!

Nice collection Barrett, but I'll bet you don't stop at 50 though!:D

(Instead of giving away #51, you could just get one more, and have a different one to carry each week for a year! :D)

Let's face it, the likelihood that my GEC collection stays at 50 is somewhere around 0%. It'll probably last until GEC releases their next production schedule. :rolleyes: But it was a fun reason to do a giveaway. :D

Wow... my wife made promise to stay away from knives but this is too generous to pass up.

I never owned a GEC and always wanted to try one out in person.

Since I get two entries I'll put in two photos I have on my drive:

Some of my friction-folders (mostly Opinels with some Taramundi/Svord/Laguiole thrown in):
fjVHq_8djiC44Y4Ymg1KSS9YlmyJuqerKqz1bmFCm7ZOXoiMswGIQNx81yxZ7ZPiAl6PgD9qKp7pQ756cSYSuAP6C-INekI0a-06Mr6r82i2oxvqBZBfA_wVTgG_xfFROvY7ymvEN0FcMyKvpWINO_N3kzA6QsIjX1Vh5g6QUNQxcZTvPn2DWy-X6e1zOq4RycJdKfGa2WH3tqKFOIzigyw44QFKIrwS2mGUVeCOTeHA-xJGp-olTMISnzB8LwvmhFR0sWCiPvcAl0Ch7wSS6ODbU_eAcoNeHBfzrTXAsNRv78hB3AU3Rs839sPgCcJDRr0I4bbVTG5rs4hZ2PxwiWkSNteetDORkCqC5GzNnGV_HFzMfIJ2yLZl6JNLDF5aLRUUySRoIN5R5136993OEsm7EsrRq3wbH0NXUo0m1UeY7afGllEaoOupaNfoIkhmKWahPucAlcYBKaeF-6PKTY-S4_ck77LtMClSYfPPkAMS-lJ_ZW3YsJru6_wsWnOLZCuWc7dVoWzHKElRNg6j6JfWrJfvz9JDlrXj2jPZslkDgwcejJSQcElb1n09abwrGV_Co-aVrKwwjEB46hcZc02l62XtqyrGFDU5zNIl60TcTTk0L_Be=w1024-h678-no

My metal-handled saks (mostly Alox but some Stainless Steel and Sterling Silver as well):
aqH04VwZjmPUYSP5m4UNQIPyYUlRSKYMsluJSV6QTxCgKaatsmsFb78NfITb88FqdaEN4V9CNi3-FsA_M6xuuDjIRuK_XdOKbtLtaQCDcb7eBBdrxhiNZlFD8Apl-4ot46bkozrJc-Nxr-IFbBdgsHAcLhtG9C37zkKo_61TepG_QEKFSWLb3Y-6WzhRtXdEE-w2Whh00U_Lg83gjADElZLH7pjH8rixZuDID8A-CqdCcx49DnspaMMrsnJ4uhqzC8lFuVd-nx2KHLK_PA5x1VWiSFllDyWqECn64-nnuGSUboHbqUgu0Jq0lk0RCoMu18zqk-wQp64883pjWi01prAlPlKC-Wf33DKmOI4Crwf3n1rkvhExXBHkLR7RuyZ0sQUFZ6pN_BwsMJnNOuUj61AlGTSO6WPsPgCXcSnoQl3x_FHB4qJSbTgFiwz7TJHxPWQCT7fLV2RXp3m8Fg3h51Hr1dPU25TkpQ6JaHP5ltGwycfNZ-IAk4htd0SNA3oqaTdJsvYTQHHlK9crzcEFYq_TqjxsPhOh-vhCmpxxzouEgLUZPWqh3ZAjNWZd34Dp8C_b6lZOjpC-RGefCcbJem4MgJ7z6oHYaoW9_try2dw9_hM_sB1H=w1089-h721-no

So I meant to bump this up to the front page yesterday and forgot, so I'm doing so now, to give anyone else who wants to enter a chance. I'll draw for the winner later today. Merry Christmas, everyone!

Merry Christmas, Thanks for your generosity! I'm in, I snapped this just this morning with the help of a curious bystander.
Happy Holidays Bladeforums and especially on the Traditional Porch.

JLH_XmasCollection_00.jpg

JLH_XmasCollection_01.jpg

Barrett, thanks for the chance.

Here is my only real collection (the other couple hundred knives I own are just accumulation!) of GEC's Cuban pattern #5383xx. I lack just 3 of having all the releases from 2007, 2008 and 2011, the last year this pattern was made. The swirly acrylic in the bottom left corner of photo #2 is an SFO from Painted Pony, not a regular GEC release.

61b84658-81b7-4eac-abbb-eaa5cc06f2f6_zpsbzbov4b9.jpg~original

d681091a-6c14-4af0-af05-406a5b62e3cf_zps61sebxbe.jpg~original

Well, I should've known that the day would get away from me, especially since it was my daughter's first Christmas. The whole day flew by! But I did manage to get the drawing for this giveaway while it's still technically Christmas Day (at least in all timezones in the US). :D

I was going to write the names out and physically draw the winner's name out of an actual hat, but with everything going on today, things didn't work out that way. So I listed all entrants in an Excel spreadsheet, adding two entries for those non-GEC owners who qualified, then put a column next to the names with the formula =RAND() to generate a random number, and finally I sorted both columns by the random numbers. And the winner (whose name ended up at the top of the list when sorted by the random numbers) is...

netguy1999!

Congrats! Send me a PM, visitor message or email with your address, and let me know which knife you choose, and I'll send it your way!

Thanks again for all the posts, everyone! And MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Well, I should've known that the day would get away from me, especially since it was my daughter's first Christmas. The whole day flew by! But I did manage to get the drawing for this giveaway while it's still technically Christmas Day (at least in all timezones in the US). :D

I was going to write the names out and physically draw the winner's name out of an actual hat, but with everything going on today, things didn't work out that way. So I listed all entrants in an Excel spreadsheet, adding two entries for those non-GEC owners who qualified, then put a column next to the names with the formula =RAND() to generate a random number, and finally I sorted both columns by the random numbers. And the winner (whose name ended up at the top of the list when sorted by the random numbers) is...

netguy1999!

Congrats! Send me a PM, visitor message or email with your address, and let me know which knife you choose, and I'll send it your way!

Thanks again for all the posts, everyone! And MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Thank you so much! I am honored! I sent you a PM with my particulars.

I am blessed and humbled by this. It was completely unexpected!

John

Congratulations John, and thanks again Barrett, hope your little girl enjoyed her first Christmas :) :thumbup:

Lots of great knives to see and a very generous gift for Christmas! Congrats Barrett and netguy! :thumbup:

Back