The All Stag and Ivory Buck Thread (Let's See Your Stag & Ivory Buck Knives)

hohenstreetroa - What a fantastic group of Buck stag knives you have. Some real beauties.

...and a few 110's.
420HC, ATS-34, Chipflint, S30V droppoint, Damascus, 440C, 425M, BG-42
2014-09-20014314_zps75f1daf4.jpg

You've been holding out on us Lance!!

Very nice!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Not counting blade steel, I think I like the 4th one from the top on the right side best….or maybe the bottom one on the left side.
Actually, there's not one in that bunch that I would turn down.

I really like the bottom 118 in your first post too.

Thanks for posting those for us to enjoy!!

Hi Mark,

Don't waste more of that old Ivory than you need too. Make her a bare butt;). Hay in your photo's of this knife it looks like the bottom rear pin is brass????? Is it????
jb4570

John, I had to go look at the pins. I think it's just the picture because it really has NS pins.
I wouldn't have touched the knife if it would have had brass pins with NS bolsters. :)

James….have you reached the end of your stag and ivory Buck collection?

I am gathering all the things I need to re-handle a Buck 110 50th Anniversary knife with those beautiful ivory scales I have.
Probably be a few more weeks before I have something to show though.

Anyone else have any Buck stag or ivory knives? Would love to see them!! :)

Stumps, you will recognize this one, 1989 Damascus that has been used but not abused, tight and sharp, does have a small flaw or delamination in the Damascus that does not affect anything, like the patina knife has acquired.
IMG_2635_zps633adda6.jpg

IMG_2634_zps173bc17e.jpg

Mark - I have been a bit lazy posting lately. I have a few more stag Buck Knives to share.

Here is a stag 119 with satin finished blade.

vvXgWwn.jpg

gsFLH96.jpg

Thanks Augie and James!

Just something about a Buck knife dressed in stag or ivory!! :)

So here are a few more from my collection. In addition to the Stag & Ivory, I included a few mammoth tooth knives just for fun. Hopefully there will be no objections - if so, sorry in advance!!!

LE 532's (Front to back): WBC Stag LE, BassPro Stag LE, Mammoth Ivory bark LE, "Family Favorites" Ivory bark LE, (Ironwood with mammoth tooth inlay #10 of 200 - a "bonus" for your visual pleasure)
2014-09-29223943_zps494ee770.jpg

Custom 112 Ranger Damascus with Mammoth Ivory (by E Arkulari) & Custom 110 beadblasted BG42 with Mammoth Ivory (by D. Seals)
2014-09-29224420_zps140f3df2.jpg

Custom Mammoth Tooth 110's (Front to back): Gold Buckcote partial serrated (by H. Stone), Native Steel, Cracked Ice Native Steel, polished gray Ti coated blade (all by E Arkulari), Polished ATS-34 Mammoth tooth & buffalo horn (by D. Queen/Buck Custom Shop)
2014-09-29224907_zpse7ab9fc0.jpg

Last edited:
James…I REALLY like that Vanguard!! I believe that's the nicest one I've ever seen. If ever you decide to..…. :)

George….thanks for posting your 501 stag. Very nice! Excellent pocket carry knife. :thumbup:

Lance…I'm speechless! I tried to pick out my favorite of all those you recently posted and can't. I don't think that's ever happened to me before. :)
What a display! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Beautiful Knives all. I was playing poker a few days ago and by golly, won enough to buy these matching pair Bucks.
I'd guess these men probably carried Bucks. . .

Smoking cigars, drinking coffee and carrying a Buck - it don't get any better...

Glad I wasn't in that poker game!

Excellent Buck knives with elk covers!! Thanks for posting them and the story. :)

James….I know I've said it before, but you have one heck of a beautiful collection of Buck stag and ivory knives!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Thanks for sharing them with us.

I got a new toy recently that has made pinning my stag and ivory handles extremely easy.
I am still learning, but have pinned six knives so far and have at least that many left to pin for now.
I worried about the epoxy I was using because I accidentally dropped a knife in the shop and one scale came loose.
I had been using Devcon 2 ton epoxy.
I've since found some knife makers that use Loctite E-120HP and they say it is much better.
I still didn't trust the epoxies to hold up under heavy use, so I started researching ways to pin the folders and came up with a small anvil called a stiddy.
I pinned one knife before I got the stiddy and have now done six with it…and love it!
I wasn't sure I would like the looks of pins in the stag, but I realize that I do like it for the looks and the extra piece of mind.

Here is a knife I pinned this morning. It took me maybe 25 minutes from start to finish.

First picture is me getting ready to add the pin after drilling the holes.
Using 1/16th NS rod for the small slipjoint knives.

This picture shows the newly peened pins that are still rough.

This picture show the stag covers with newly added pins buffed and finished.

Here are the first four I added pins to.
I like the way the stag looks with the pins…maybe a lot of that is because I know the covers won't come loose. :)

Had a little time to go back out to the shop and add pins to this little 501.

Back