The All Stag and Ivory Buck Thread (Let's See Your Stag & Ivory Buck Knives)

How many versions are there? Are they all pearl frets? The stands were gifted to me when I purchased different 110's. The coin is mounted in stag and says "10 Idaho state Buck Post Falls" I imagine it is a 10 year anniversary stand. It has a slot on top to hold a knife.

The original series was 3 knives in the <2008> catalog, 005 Gen-5, 532 BuckLock, and 402 Akonua. If I read the description correctly, the BuckLock and Akonua handles were Indian Rosewood with MOP dots. The pricier Gen-5 has Cocobola handle with Abalone dots. The steel was also upgraded to 154CM.

Back to my question, is the stag barrel with coin mounted to the base? /Roger

Last edited:
The original series was 3 knives in the 1998 catalog, 005 Gen-5, 532 BuckLock, and 402 Akonua. If I read the description correctly, the BuckLock and Akonua handles were Indian Rosewood with MOP dots. The pricier Gen-5 has Cocobola handle with Abalone dots. The steel was also upgraded to 154CM.

Back to my question, is the stag barrel with coin mounted to the base? /Roger

Roger check your dates. Here is the 2008 Gen 5 LE and the 2015 Nashville NRA Gen 5 SO

Here is a new photo for the Stag & Ivory thread, coated S30V with ELK handle.

JB

Roger, Wow some very nice knives pictured here. The coin is not mounted, I just use it to balance the larger knives. I think Makael is correct that the medallion came with the knife pictured. I could not remember.

Makael the Kalinga is Beautiful, I've been wanting a folding Kalinga and have been keeping an eye out. I'd love to get one with the stag scales like yours. Arizona Knives has discontinued knives all the time. I just have to catch it just right. I also browse ebay.

2 dot 110

788092ee3ec1b31dc7f016865df453e5.jpg

89ae6714ad5d15d9674b5975916355cf.jpg

2b20a0273c872c2cebd30a7648995fa5.jpg

70ec903a94ca853dcc5a1e39ea197dcc.jpg

That 119 is a real beauty! Don't think I've ever seen a damascus 119 before. Stag is very nice too! Great looking knife

Thanks CaseSharktooth. There are a few out there.

I know that many of you have added some stag and or ivory knives to your collections. Time to do some catching up.

Thanks for posting that one George! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
David's wife is a fantastic artist! I especially like the horizontal scene on the mark side with the howling wolf and landscape.

Always good to see more posts in this thread.

I just had to go back and take another look at some of the very best Buck knives ever created. .Looking at them makes me proud to be a part of the Buck family.

Back