The Anvil Shed, The spot to shoot the breeze.

Merry Christmas my friends!

8af9ie.jpg

That's a 2006 1050cc Triumph Speed Triple.
They basically took a sport bike, shortened the swing arm a bit, tuned the motor for lots of low end torque, threw the bodywork away, added a handlebar and some bug eye headlights.
I only rode it twice as the tires are totally shot but you can really feel the power, it's something like 138 HP at the rear wheel.
With no tread on the rear this thing will kill me if I give it the gas...

Last edited:
That's a 2006 1050cc Triumph Speed Triple.
They basically took a sport bike, shortened the swing arm a bit, tuned the motor for lots of low end torque, threw the bodywork away, added a handlebar and some bug eye headlights.
I only rode it twice as the tires are totally shot but you can really feel to power, it's something like 138 HP at the rear wheel.
With no tread on the rear this thing will kill me if I give it the gas...
Thanks. 🤝
John 😎

took my boy yesterday to do some shooting on my range. he did pretty good. just shooting steel knock down targets sitting on the ground. where bunch of old concrete pipes were dumped long ago as a backstop. you can see some of them in the pics.

my long range to the left of these pics with berms at the bottom a pal of mine seen what he thought is a florida panther living in the swamps down there and has cams setup to try get a pic so we can let fwc know...so we stuck to the upper part. not far enough space for a rifle bit he didn't care.....

I brought a bunch of .22lr guns..but he wanted to also shoot my sig p238 I pocket carry and fnh high power in 9mm I had in the truck. was good safe time. he's gettin older now and doesn't want to spent much time with the old man. dont think ill get many more of these days with my boy. I get it, I didnt either as a teenager.....he'll be gone handful of years.....its gonna be hard for me as i only got the one boy. spent my life workin to give us the best life i could, but missed on a lot of time with my boy. i turned out just like my old man. didnt think that would ever happen. thats water under the bridge now. gonna try to grab as many days as i can til hes left my home to make his own life....... anyways.....
20231230_144942.jpg

20231230_160116.jpg
^sig sauer p238
20231230_151355.jpg
^ fnh high power
20231230_154852.jpg
^ Henry. 22lr
20231230_152436.jpg
^ 22lr single action revolver heritage arms. he likes the single action revolvers best. weird for a kid his age prefering it to semi auto pistols, but who am I to criticize.......

I second Preston's "good on you Jesse" statement.

You're a good man to set up that plinkin' session and he'll remember the day for the rest of his life.

You aren't the same as your ol' man. You are Jesse, friend to all here, who is unique unto himself, just as your son will be one day. You may butt heads once in a while on the journey through life, like all boys/men do but his path will eventually bring him back to Dad.

Treasure the special moments, there are many ahead.

I just had the one girl. She grew up fishing, learned to paddle a canoe and such. She's almost 33 and making her own way now, but I sure do miss those early days.
I miss my Dad a lot now these days. We did father son stuff all my growing up but as I got into my 20's not so much. He was 47 or so when I was born so by then he was deep into 70 years old. I just didn't "have time".
We lost Dad at 83 in '99 and I sure wish we could sit and talk. I'm 60 now and starting to feel nostalgic these days.

My condolences to you and your family. They are with for such a short time but capture our hearts in no time. Brings tears to my eyes every time I think of saying goodbye to mine.

Thanks guys.
Lady was collie #6.
# 7 Lacy was her litter mate and she's still as fiesty as ever.😊
I feel bad for her. Lose your buddy of a lifetime.

Owners had abandoned them when they were less than 2 yrs
We took both so they could remain together.
It was fun.🤗

Her passing happened so fast....
...and made every thing else seem short somehow.

🙁
Thanks Chick!

Back