The "Ask Jo (NinJO) Thread"

Jo, can you please shed some light on why Antique Micarta isn't being offered on at least the Signature Series SDFK (I understand not offering on the basic series). Are you near the end of your supply? Is there a minimum number of scales that need to be made for each run of each color? Thanks for the info! Was really hoping for this option, as I am sure a lot of others were as well. 😭
#NotNinJo

The HDF scales are interchangeable with the SDFK.

Somewhat interchangeable.. your kydex sheath may or may not work, I think Nathan stated as much in Post #293 of the SDFK thread..
That's what heat guns are for. A few seconds waving it around the opening of a kydex sheath will help with fitment. I've done it on several kydex holsters to accommodate minor changes.

I guess that would work to tighten up the kydex as the HDFK steel is thicker and the scales are probably the same thickness between the two knives.
I didn't read the earlier posts, so I was just making a general remark about fitment with guns and kydex holsters. I had to adjust a few to allow some modifications to fit.

It's pretty forgiving stuff if you don't let the heat gun stay on any portion for more than a couple of seconds at a time. I just wave it back and forth until it allows the gun to be inserted and withdrawn easily...and then let it cool with the gun in place.

May or may not work for your application, so I apologize in advance if I spoke out of turn.

Jo, can you please shed some light on why Antique Micarta isn't being offered on at least the Signature Series SDFK (I understand not offering on the basic series). Are you near the end of your supply? Is there a minimum number of scales that need to be made for each run of each color? Thanks for the info! Was really hoping for this option, as I am sure a lot of others were as well. 😭
With as few as we were making, it just didn't seem necessary and because this is kind of a small chopper I thought the TeroTuf would be practical.

Scales choices for the SDFK are:

Canvas micartas
Black
Natural
Double Black
Double Red and
OD Green

Linen micarta
Red and Black

Natural Burlap micarta

Gray TeroTuf
OD Green Terotuf

They do NOT have the undercut, but they do fit the HDFK and the HDFK sheath.
Jo

Scales choices for the SDFK are:

Canvas micartas
Black
Natural
Double Black
Double Red and
OD Green

Linen micarta
Red and Black

Natural Burlap micarta

Gray TeroTuf
OD Green Terotuf

They do NOT have the undercut, but they do fit the HDFK and the HDFK sheath.
Jo

Can someone point me to where I can see a close up of each of these scale colors in all of their glory? Really interested in good photos of the Double Red and Double Black.

Edit: Nevermind, found in the Encyclopedia

Back