The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

I'd love to pre order a U F 2. Not sure how the system works and I'm in the UK, but I'm in please.
For the preorder, there will be a post on the Carothers Performance Knives subforum. Nathan usually puts it up earlier in the day the sale opens so folks can read over prices and options. At 5:00 Eastern time, he will "unlock" the thread to allow responses. At this time, you need to make a post to claim a spot. You can put what you want in the thread, or you can wait for me to send you an email. We will finalize the orders through emails and then I will send invoices. Once the invoice is paid, we ask that you not change your order as this can lead to mistakes and headaches.

As far as filling orders goes, I try to go in order, but sometimes people order things like "satin" finish or acid wash. A lot of times these will ship later as they take extra time to process.

For International orders, I get a shipping estimate and that is the shipping charge. Thank you!
Jo

Nathan, correct me if I am wrong (I am sure you will) But am I reading the below statement correctly?

If there are just a few I will grind the standard UF into a double edge. However, if (like last time) there are a larger number of double edge ordered I will probably offer a variation of the UF that is a dagger ground double edged fighter. Those were a bear but they were pretty cool.

You will be offering the Standard UF
You will be offering a "Double Edge) UF?
You will be offering a "Double Edge-Dagger Grind Double Edged version?

Thanks

Tom

Last edited:
Soft creamy stinky buttery strong Roquefort that makes your eyes water and tongue go numb...

I've been enjoying some old smoked gouda that's a little bit crunchy and yummy like a parmesan. Jo's been getting these Rhones that I like and they pair wonderfully.

I love Blue Cheese and chunky Blue Cheese salad dressing! It's the only thing that I can leave in the main fridge that I know nobody else will touch! :)

Nathan, correct me if I am wrong (I am sure you will) But am I reading the below statement correctly?

If there are just a few I will grind the standard UF into a double edge. However, if (like last time) there are a larger number of double edge ordered I will probably offer a variation of the UF that is a dagger ground double edged fighter. Those were a bear but they were pretty cool.

You will be offering the Standard UF
You will be offering a "Double Edge) UF?
You will be offering a "Double Edge-Dagger Grind Double Edged version?

Thanks

Tom
In addition to the standard UF, I will also offer a double edged version of it. The sale will be for a rear bevel ground onto the standard, but if there is much interest I'll do a double edge variation instead.

In addition to the standard UF, I will also offer a double edged version of it. The sale will be for a rear bevel ground onto the standard, but if there is much interest I'll do a double edge variation instead.
Much interest!? It will be overwhelming. I'm trying to put in an offer on a house tomorrow, but "cash to close" includes a DEF!

Any ballpark estimates on a number that would tip this into DEF country?

I like the OG DEF enough that I'd be in for 2 DEFs just for the collection (they're certainly not going to be user's, as I'd hope I'll never need a DEF for its design purpose) and MI has that silly old-school thing against double edged blades in public.

Any ballpark estimates on a number that would tip this into DEF country?

I like the OG DEF enough that I'd be in for 2 DEFs just for the collection (they're certainly not going to be user's, as I'd hope I'll never need a DEF for its design purpose) and MI has that silly old-school thing against double edged blades in public.
idunno. 20? It's a lot of work tweaking fixtures for just 20 knives. But so is hand grinding 20 knives the hard way.....

Back