The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

by no means a definitive statement, but I doubt very much that there is anyone on this earth who has thrown more CPK models, more times than myself. I'm not particularly good at throwing knives, and yet have caused no catastrophic damage to any handle, nor has any point broken off, fwiw

by no means a definitive statement, but I doubt very much that there is anyone on this earth who has thrown more CPK models, more times than myself. I'm not particularly good at throwing knives, and yet have caused no catastrophic damage to any handle, nor has any point broken off, fwiw
That said, I think there's more potential for damage when the person actually sucks at throwing knives. 😂

I like this post

True story. A guy I used to work with has a 3 inch long scar on his leg from throwing knives. It didnt stick the board he was throwing it at, but it did stick 2 inches into his leg when it bounced back.....
Had a close call when I first decided to teach myself to throw knives (was about 13?).

I understood the theory of it, but at the time, we had no trees in the yard that would've made a decent target, so I grabbed a shipping pallet and leaned it against a wall (and learned, when you're throwing knives or anything else at a target, DO NOT lean something against a wall as a target. Explanation below).

First began from about 9 - 10 feet away. Took several throws to get the spin so the knife started to stick. Then I gradually moved further back. 12 feet, 15 feet.

I got to about 20 feet back (and was learning to adjust the spin in relation to distance), when I made a bad throw. The backwards leaning pallet produced an upwards bounce. Coupled with how hard I was throwing at ~20 feet, the knife whizzed by my head, buzzing/humming by no more than 12" away (I could actually hear the knife vibrating as it flew past). Done for the day 😂

Hi Nathan, do you have a rough idea when the SDFK will be coming? Also will it be a pre order? I'm trying to prioritise and sort funds.

No there won't be a pre-order. I've prepped blanks for 300 or so and that will be it. I'll probably get started on those in about 2 weeks. I'm doing most of them in basic grade I had intended for Amazon but I did maybe 100 of them in signature style cuz I knew some of you knuckleheads would want some.

I probably made more than I should have but it should be a fun and affordable knife so I'm sure I will eventually sell the stock even without using Amazon.

No there won't be a pre-order. I've prepped blanks for 300 or so and that will be it. I'll probably get started on those in about 2 weeks. I'm doing most of them in basic grade I had intended for Amazon but I did maybe 100 of them in signature style cuz I knew some of you knuckleheads would want some.

I probably made more than I should have but it should be a fun and affordable knife so I'm sure I will eventually sell the stock even without using Amazon.
Can you show us the two versions side by side?
Or will you “in two weeks?”

Ooooh I haven't seen what these look like!

p.s. I'll be more than willing to test a prototype folder if needed lol

I probably made more than I should have but it should be a fun and affordable knife so I'm sure I will eventually sell the stock even without using Amazon

Evening, Nathan. What's this secret code mean that's written under my name? Been reusing your boxes for shipping some knives lately. All of them so far only had my name written underneath the shipping label, this one had this other junk and I was curious what it meant.

r6o6fu8.jpg

Thanks and a happy new year to you, the family, and the whole cpk crew.

Evening, Nathan. What's this secret code mean that's written under my name? Been reusing your boxes for shipping some knives lately. All of them so far only had my name written underneath the shipping label, this one had this other junk and I was curious what it meant.

r6o6fu8.jpg

Thanks and a happy new year to you, the family, and the whole cpk crew.
Probably means you bugged Jo and yours got shipped with a booger.

Back