The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

Nathan the Machinist

KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
How much are the k18s

ZRHBXXPUFRCWFP6KUCI3OINISI.jpg

I'm not sure yet. We lost money on that project. Secondary market is already double what I had been charging. I might try to make some of it back on the last few. But, probably not. Because I'm an idiot and I enjoy being poor.

bluemax_1

Gold Member
View attachment 1719539

I'm not sure yet. We lost money on that project. Secondary market is already double what I had been charging. I might try to make some of it back on the last few. But, probably not. Because I'm an idiot and I enjoy being poor.
There isn't an emoji option that can appropriately respond to this post, and 'Like' doesn't even come close to summarizing the conflicting thoughts on, "Talk about integrity", and "Dude, ya gotta be able to make money off these projects so you can do more of them".

Jsega51

Gold Member
There isn't an emoji option that can appropriately respond to this post, and 'Like' doesn't even come close to summarizing the conflicting thoughts on, "Talk about integrity", and "Dude, ya gotta be able to make money off these projects so you can do more of them".
Conflict for sure.

The people who got in early got the sweetheart deal. If there’s extras, those are for Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist to value and price since they are his company’s product, not claimed preorders, that’s how I see it I guess.

Pàdruig

Live and Let Die
Platinum Member
Is there a thread that compiles all the info/data regarding the upcoming SDFK? Or is it strewn about everywhere?

I ask because the search function isn't working great for me and though I follow along fairly well, I can sometimes miss things and I'm curious about the SDFK project.

Scratch that - I went ahead and just started a thread. I was able to bumble my way through some search results in order to provide that info in one place.

Last edited:
How much was the original price K18? I am not sure if the UK custom allows such items through border. The law says if it is under 20 inch, it should be fine. But then again they might find a reason to confiscate it...But does not matter, I am not sure if I can afford it, neither if I can have any use for it. Having a double edge impose great danger for a user like me :) :) :)

Nathan the Machinist

How much was the original price K18? I am not sure if the UK custom allows such items through border. The law says if it is under 20 inch, it should be fine. But then again they might find a reason to confiscate it...But does not matter, I am not sure if I can afford it, neither if I can have any use for it. Having a double edge impose great danger for a user like me :) :) :)

The last ones sold on open sale were $1,500. I did not think the United Kingdom allows double-edged anythings?

Cap’n Smudge

Gold Member
Basic Member
yes, that is also my impression. For some reason they let my Behemother pass :) :)

Of course not! Green is big no no!
What would happen if the authorities caught you using the Behemother to take out some aggressive zombies?
Would they just take it away from you or would there also be fines/jail time?
I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m all for a zombies right to unlive. And I think it’s great that your country treats them as a protected class of citizens, but if they are aggressively coming after your brains and you protect yourself - does your weapon of choice automatically qualify as a “zombie knife/weapon”?

What would happen if the authorities caught you using the Behemother to take out some aggressive zombies?
I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m all for a zombies right to unlive. And I think it’s great that your country treats them as a protected class of citizens, but if they are aggressively coming after your brains and you protect yourself - does your weapon of choice automatically qualify as a “zombie knife/weapon”?
Erm

Blues

hovering overhead
Staff member
Super Mod

islandlost.jpg

"Are we not men?"

Nathan the Machinist

You just won the internet.

SIx Magpies

If the zombie also had a large knife then it would be considered appropriate to match the force.

Anything used offensively becomes an 'offensive weapon' once used or threatened to be used. So if I'm dealing with an unarmed (or unlegged) zombie and I wave my banana at them then that is now a weapon.

When importing items here. We can have swords, double edges, daggers etc but if anything is described as a weapon then it's not allowed

They added the zombie knives law to combat items that looked aggressive but wasn't described that way. Serrated back edges on green and orange blades stuff

You can now no longer have a curved sword over 20" because they fear ninjas more than zombies

If an item is seized you have to appear before the Queen to beg for a pardon. If you beat her nominated knight in a cucumber eating sandwich everyone cheers and drinks tea.