The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

Nathan, can you please elaborate as to exactly why you decided to put a wedge on the Zombie-LC and also share with us your pro / cons regarding the implementation of a sledge on your patterns starting from the FK and the as they go up in sizes. Thank you :)

JMHO here, Swedge = good for piercing/stabbing & bad for batoning and pushing against with ones hand.

Walking Dead loadout = Zombie LC offhand, BC Mainhand.

JMHO here, Swedge = good for piercing/stabbing & bad for batoning and pushing against with ones hand.

Walking Dead loadout = Zombie LC offhand, BC Mainhand.

I get the cool factor, specially since some units were R&D units which were too perky and proud to be destined for an eternal banishment at the bottom of the CPK-Creek. That said, I enjoy reading Nathan's philosophy on his tweaks if there should be any other than that in this Zombified case.

JMHO here, Swedge = good for piercing/stabbing...........

Exactly. I use the FK more for field-dressing and skinning than any other purpose. The tip is a bit heavy/thick for this. Certainly not a knock on the knife, Nathan didn't build it as a specialty skinner. I'd love to have one swedged as it would help for what I need it to do.

Exactly. I use the FK more for field-dressing and skinning than any other purpose. The tip is a bit heavy/thick for this. Certainly not a knock on the knife, Nathan didn't build it as a specialty skinner. I'd love to have one swedged as it would help for what I need it to do.

I agree 100%. I say we blame Lorien who keeps throwing them!

And where is your D2 Skinner?!

Trust me, it is calling my name. But the chase was long for the skinner, oh the humanity.......

Plus I need some scales, and I'm still all up in the air about that.
Let 'er rip.. That D2 is great on tissue! Do it.. Do it.

Hey Nathan,

Any extra handles for the edc model? I'd like to purchase a set.

Hey Nathan,

Any extra handles for the edc model? I'd like to purchase a set.

Old style, yes. EDC2, not yet.

We try to keep spare scales around for every pattern. Spare scales can be purchased by sending a PM or email to Jo (EDIT TO ADD: at carothersknives at gmail dought com ). They're typically $25 a set in micarta, though jumbo scales like on the choppers are more.

Last edited:
Old style, yes. EDC2, not yet.

We try to keep spare scales around for every pattern. Spare scales can be purchased by sending a PM or email to Jo. They're typically $25 a set in micarta, though jumbo scales like on the choppers are more.
Thank you sir.

It appears, her inbox is full as is yours Nathan. No option to email with this new format?

Nathan, my address is changing as of the 22nd of this month (moving to a new place). What is the best way to get that info to you and Jo so my HDFK doesn't go to my old house? (I believe you both have full PM boxes)

Nathan, my address is changing as of the 22nd of this month (moving to a new place). What is the best way to get that info to you and Jo so my HDFK doesn't go to my old house? (I believe you both have full PM boxes)
They are quite popular..

Try their email and give it a day or two for Jo to respond: carothersknives at gmail

I will contact you today Ratman. Thanks for the heads up.

Back