The Ask Todd Thread

oklahoma's laws are kind of weird, we can carry a folder any size up to a 5inch balde but no AO or atuos, but with fixed blades the only laws are no daggers, dirks. or bowies.
btw did you get my last email todd?

Spikebot, I have not recieved any email from you. Sure you got it right? Tmhunt05@gmail.com

Ever try your hand at making a folder Todd?

I understand how much of a PITA that could be, and how crazy production cost would be. But just wondering if you have ever considered it or tried it for "fun"?

Maybe this has been asked before, but I looked through the first few pages and was getting concerned my head would explode....

What is the hole on the front of the M18 for?

And while we're at it, how do you pronounce "magua"? "mag wah" or "mah gu ah" or something else?

Answer #2 lies in the movie, "The Last of the Mohicans." In fact, it is mandatory for the class.

What is the origin or meaning behind the heart cutout on some of the Hunt items? I tried to find it but have been unsuccessful so far....

What is the origin or meaning behind the heart cutout on some of the Hunt items? I tried to find it but have been unsuccessful so far....

Legend has it that every time Todd kills a man he makes a blade with a heart-shaped hole as a sign of respect for his fallen foe. Or maybe he thinks it looks cool and his customers agree. Or maybe something in between. I haven't slept today...

Guys, sorry I have been away, thank you so much for not giving up on me. I have answers for all of the ones recently that have gone unanswered. Bear with me......... I will have a thread and a page on my website explaining the heart. As far as the the hole in the M18 its a finger purchase. Will post a pic to explain, and for the pronunciation of Magua. It is in fact named after the character in last of the mohicans. Dont know if this is right, but "Mawg wa".

Ever try your hand at making a folder Todd?

I understand how much of a PITA that could be, and how crazy production cost would be. But just wondering if you have ever considered it or tried it for "fun"?

I have made a few folders yes. However, I haven't mastered the skill nor do I feel for the work that goes in them I can offer them for a price as that you guys would consider reasonable. However I don't feel like knife making is ever really mastered, and I feel like I have more tools at my disposal now.. I have every intention of making some more serious attempts at it. Possibly adding one to my line up in the not so distant future......... time will tell.

I have made a few folders yes. However, I haven't mastered the skill nor do I feel for the work that goes in them I can offer them for a price as that you guys would consider reasonable. However I don't feel like knife making is ever really mastered, and I feel like I have more tools at my disposal now.. I have every intention of making some more serious attempts at it. Possibly adding one to my line up in the not so distant future......... time will tell.

Awesome! If you have any photos I'd love to see them! If you'd rather not post im free to pm :D

What is the hole on the front of the M18 for?

It's a few different things really. Todd's always been a fan of cleavers, so it's a bit of an homage to them. Also it aids grip when using the lanyard supported forearm grip (just made that name up). Early on it was thought of as a camp knife that you could hang on a nail at your campsite. Damn, we need to get off our asses and do a video all about the M-18.

Your question was not dismissed. I talked to Todd last night and he's going to make a post about it, possibly an entire thread. Personally I believe he chose the heart because a rainbow would be too hard to render.

It's a few different things really. Todd's always been a fan of cleavers, so it's a bit of an homage to them. Also it aids grip when using the lanyard supported forearm grip (just made that name up). Early on it was thought of as a camp knife that you could hang on a nail at your campsite. Damn, we need to get off our asses and do a video all about the M-18.

Your question was not dismissed. I talked to Todd last night and he's going to make a post about it, possibly an entire thread. Personally I believe he chose the heart because a rainbow would be too hard to render.

"lanyard supported forearm grip" - Definitely gonna need a picture or video of that one!

If a rainbow is too hard, then perhaps a unicorn?

"lanyard supported forearm grip" - Definitely gonna need a picture or video of that one!

If a rainbow is too hard, then perhaps a unicorn?

Slip your arm through the lanyard and grab the hole with the thumb and finger, then tighten the lanyard around the arm.

Damn, we need to get off our asses and do a video all about the M-18. .

I've got popcorn and bourbon waiting.

Edit- Uhh, the popcorn and booze is for me. To watch the video. Just making that clear.

Last edited:
I've got popcorn and bourbon waiting.

Edit- Uhh, the popcorn and booze is for me. To watch the video. Just making that clear.

We knew what you meant...at least I did.

Looking forward to it as well.

And back on subject...ask Todd (or is it Thadeus?):

Are you sure Murph is a Marine? In every picture I've seen of him, he has a big smile and looks like a 15-year old that hasn't started shaving yet...

Or is it just me being so old that makes everyone looks young?

And is this the snark thread, or am I lost?

(Three questions for the price of one...what a deal!)

Edit: BTW, Semper Gumby!

Last edited by a moderator:
We knew what you meant...at least I did.

Looking forward to it as well.

And back on subject...ask Todd (or is it Thadeus?):

Are you sure Murph is a Marine? In every picture I've seen of him, he has a big smile and looks like a 15-year old that hasn't started shaving yet...

Or is it just me being so old that makes everyone looks young?

And is this the snark thread, or am I lost?

(Three questions for the price of one...what a deal!)

Edit: BTW, Semper Gumby!

He is younger, but not that young, he is indeed a well worn marine, 3 tours in the sandbox. He's only been married a year, so, he'll start looking old and fat like the rest of us soon enough.

i know he went to Afghanistan but three tours? thats intense. i would like to thank you for your service Murph, we really appreciate it

Dont let him fool you. He kept going back because he likes Camel spiders and sand in his cracks and crevices. ;)

As easily as he smiles you wouldnt guess what a hard ass he is right ?

Back