The best knife to ever come out of the Swamp?

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by Huntsman Knife Co., May 12, 2011.

1. amflud

amflud Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I think if a Battle Rat Daddy ever came out of the swamp then that would be Rat to Rule Them All!

RatManDu would my non-ficticious entry.

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  2. mhawg

mhawg

Jan 10, 2003
    Up until the RatManDu I would have said the Howling Rat in any configuration but the RMD just seems to have everything.

3. jbob24

jbob24

Sep 23, 2010
    I don't think I'd say it's the most useful but I love my M9 the most :)

4. snwbrdr202

snwbrdr202 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I couldn't agree more.

5. Huntsman Knife Co.

Huntsman Knife Co.

Sep 10, 2010
    I forgot to mention the Waki. Not really a knife but I love the thing. Its not the most practical blade out there but it sure is fun to use and would be a great self defense tool in a wildreness area where firearms are prohibited. Thats probably the only knife I would never sell because I know I would never be able to find another one in black and tan G10, which is my favorite handle material. Gotta love the Waki :D

6. MikeyJ

MikeyJ

Apr 30, 2010
    As of now, I only have 2 rats: The RMD and Solution. However, I have to say that the RMD is quickly becoming one of my all-time favorite knives. The balance is awesome, it fits so well in my hands, and just plain looks great!

I need to get ahold of Leatherman to make me some matching leather rigs, and I'll be good to go!

7. sumoj275

sumoj275

Mar 18, 2007
    Depends on the day of the week but the Rodent Solution has been getting a lot of carry time. If one for ever, the RMD more than likely.

8. saville01

saville01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 19, 2007
    The RMD is my vote, it is an all around superb knife. Top it off it does not cost an arm and a leg.

9. coldethyl

coldethyl

Aug 18, 2008
    I used a Ratweiler and LOVED it!

10. Gravelface

Gravelface Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Hmmmmm.....more chopping power than the Rat Daddy..........I will have to disagree with you about that. If they were the same length then maybe. More weight doesn't always equate to more chopping power......geometry plays a part of it.

But Best Rat....besides which ever one I am carrying.......That's like asking which of your children is your favorite. You just can't ask that man!!!!

Gen I Howler
    Battle Rat
    Rat Daddy
    Crash Rat
    Camp Tramp
    Desert Jack

I can't decide.

11. james_bond

james_bond

May 23, 2006
    Original Ratwiler (Dad has one, I dont)
    Gen Howling Rat (mine and I love it)

12. Jroden5446

Jroden5446

Dec 20, 2009
    Ratweiler!
    [​IMG]

13. Huntsman Knife Co.

Huntsman Knife Co.

Sep 10, 2010
    I think the consensus so far is the RMD, Ratweiler, and Battle rat/ rat mastiff are the most loved Rats. The RMD just had a run, hmmm seems like maybe we need another run of a classic chopper..... BRING THE RAT MASTIFF!! Its what the people want! :D

14. cut it out

cut it out

Apr 11, 2010
    my ansewr could change, I have a camp tramp on the way!!!!

15. BRab

BRab Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 2009
    The RatMastiff!!!!!!!!! My favorite knife ever, bussekin or other! The Ratweiler is great too!

[​IMG]

16. sodak

sodak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2004
    1. Bandicoot
    2. Gen 2 HR
    3. Bandicoot
    4. Camp Tramp
    5. Bandicoot

Did I mention the Bandicoot? Talk about eating crow. For a long time, I just thought it was ugly and useless. Then I tried it... What's that phrase - pry it from my cold dead fingers....

17. Bowxpress

Bowxpress

Oct 17, 2010
    Hcle 4.0

18. whetrock

whetrock

Nov 13, 2010
    I'm probably going to say my fave is the Ratmandu the ergos are out of this world.

19. Last Visible Canary

Last Visible Canary actively parsing hurf durf

Nov 28, 2006
    I'll probably be outside the norm on this one, but the rat tail is by far my favorite. It is an excersize in minimalism and functionality. The one thing that would make it better for me would be if the choil was removed, but as it is it's not a big problem.

[​IMG]

20. MVF

MVF Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 2, 2005
    RMD, Camp Tramp, Battle Rat

I'm shocked at the lack of love for the Camp Tramp- I can remember when you couldn't find one to save your life. It's currently the only Rat I have 2 of, though I will be picking up a second RMD when resources permit- what a great knife- I almost couldn't believe it when I realized I liked it more than the Tramp.