The Boom Parang Has Arrived

Just looking at these made me think. If you took off the scales, fashioned a different handle and used the forward most handle mounting hole, someone could probably be in the running for the world's largest straight razor.
Or scissors with 2, talk about awesome!

I used two different color background's for two shot's. Started to rain before I could get any more of the pair.

20160805_143301_zps5ncwamt1.jpg

20160805_143351_zpsxwiiwiv3.jpg

Gary if you want me to move these please let me know.

Last edited:
The maroon micarta remind's me of the old school tan that aged to a red. it's also not to far off from the new tan.

20160805_143533_zpsjuvrnc81.jpg

20160805_143444_zpshysqz352.jpg

20160805_143548_zps0ddtfjug.jpg

wow these look great!!! I reckon a satin one would look even awesomer. Think I might have to have a crack at doing a ghetto polish on mine when it arrives.

Mine was waiting on me when I got home today. Went outside immediately, even though it was 98 degrees, and started chopping. This thing is AWESOME!!!!

I have the same maroon and black combo as Oge. He's spot on with the comparison to old tan micarta that's darkened with use. Looks great, easily my favorite blade purchase in years.

Here's a couple of comparison shots with one of my most used knives:

I wet the handle a bit to darken it in this photo.

Last edited:
Tanker/maroon. Surprised it's hard to tell, I thought it came out pretty true.

That was my guess (that's what I have coming :D), but I couldn't tell if perhaps the white balance was off and it was maybe sage/tan. Thanks for the pic!!! :cool: :thumbup:

That was my guess (that's what I have coming :D), but I couldn't tell if perhaps the white balance was off and it was maybe sage/tan. Thanks for the pic!!! :cool: :thumbup:

No prob man! :thumbup:

I really like this combo, the maroon is awesome.

Hey Rob, hopefully someone with good scales can chime in if I'm off, but my crappy analog kitchen scale says ~19.5-20oz.
---------------

Still haven't used the BP on green wood, but did some chop/split/baton work on dry stuff in my wood pile. This is a KILLER BLADE!!! Special shoutout to BEEF for putting an outstanding edge on this one :thumbup::thumbup:

291i3df.jpg

Hey Rob, hopefully someone with good scales can chime in if I'm off, but my crappy analog kitchen scale says ~19.5-20oz.
---------------

Still haven't used the BP on green wood, but did some chop/split/baton work on dry stuff in my wood pile. This is a KILLER BLADE!!! Special shoutout to BEEF for putting an outstanding edge on this one :thumbup::thumbup:

291i3df.jpg

Awesome!! Thanks man!! Looks like you guys got a nice keeper there.

I wonder how it compares to the Basic 11

Back