The Bura Bowie -- another make what you want. Pix . Make me an offer I can't refuse.

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports Archive' started by Bill Martino, Jan 18, 2002.

1. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    14 inches and 15 ounces of perfection. Bura does it again. What more can I say except this is an original 10/10 effort by the old master. What a kami!

Call or email with an offer I can't refuse. I'll let this one go a week and see what it brings in. Then if anybody is interested in getting a duplicate we'll know what the price is and can take it from there.

Attached Files:

2. jim_l_clifton

jim_l_clifton

Mar 31, 2000
    Bill mail on the way!
    jim:D

3. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    Have an offer of $125.

4. Khukman

Khukman

Oct 31, 2000
    Wow, it looks like a UBE Bowie. That's a really nice knife!
    Bura is definitely a serious craftsman. That one would be a welcome
    addition to any collection I'd bet.

Rob

5. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    It's a work of art besides being a hell of a knife.

6. hoghead

hoghead

Dec 17, 2001
    Outstanding! Have to think about this, a little short at the moment. Hope it becomes a regular item!:eek:

7. stevomiller

stevomiller

May 4, 2001
    Uncle, what a knockout knife!!! Beatiful lines - I actually have a sketch at home thats a dead ringer for it! I hope these are available in the future. adios, stevo

8. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    It's a sweetheart alright.

9. Yvsa

Yvsa

May 18, 1999
    Man, What a Beauty!!!!!!!! I love Serpentine Bowies, but I'm gonna have to slow down my knife purchases due to the new health costs I'm experienceing.:(

Bro I have two questions.;)..................
    What's the thickness of Bura's Serpentine Bowie?

Does this give you a little more confidence that The Cherokee Rose can and or/will be made closer to the wooden model than what we first thought?

10. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    Bro, it's about 5/16 thick right out of the bolster with an even steady taper going forward. It does boost my confidence.

The scabbard is made according to village sarki specs with new leather.

Great rig.

11. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    $135 offer.

12. DeathDancer

DeathDancer

Dec 20, 2000
    Do I want one? Yes!! Can I afford one? NO!

Please, Bill, I agree that this looks like a smaller UBE, which I would have kept except that I have MINATURE HANDS. Don't let this design get away. Have at least a few more made, so that some of us can acquire this truly unique blade from the Master

Rene

13. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    We tend to think the kamis can make only khukuris but as you can see they do other stuff equally well. That folder Bura did was excellently crafted.

My Dad whose a pretty decent craftsman made me a folder some years back which I still have and treasure but compared to Bura's folder it looks like a piece of junk. Of course, I'd never tell Dad this.

14. DeathDancer

DeathDancer

Dec 20, 2000
    Tell ya what I'm gonna do. If this thing sells for somewhere around $150.00, let me be one of the first to put in an order. Really, I'll even send a DOWN PAYMENT, though just not right now, but in a few weeks. I really like this blade.

Bill, does it have a ring guard, or is it quillones? I can't really tell from the picture.

Love that Bura!!;)

15. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    The guard is just about the same shape as a standard buttcap.

I think $150 is ballpark but don't order one yet.

16. wildmanh

wildmanh Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker

Jul 9, 2000
    I too am designing a knife that is very simaller:).... Okay, how do the Kami's do it? I'm also working on a model for a knife like the Durba Dagger. What's up with that?:D

Now I've got to ask my self, do I keep working on my models (they are only on paper right now) or do I just get deeper in debt and get one of these?:D

17. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    Get deeper in debt. It's the American way and patriotic.

My Uncle Lou used to say you couldn't consider yourself a success unless you were over a half million dollars in debt.

18. ACStudios

ACStudios

Apr 9, 2001
    Dang, by your Uncle Lou's standards... I'm ALMOST successful :) ... give me a few weeks and I could be over halfway there!

19. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    $145 offer by Chris G.

And, keep going Alan. You may make it into the success category yet.

20. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    Phone bid for $175 just came in.

Stay tuned.