The Bura Bowie -- another make what you want. Pix . Make me an offer I can't refuse.

The Nepali shipping staff has informed me they need this knife for packing. One more hour and it's GTK.

The best of both worlds...The Royal Kami,curing my Bowie Fever HEE (as has been said here at one time or another).

It's gonna wind up with its' own space on the wall, eventually to be crossed with the Cherokee Rose.

I recently bought a copy of "Swords and Hilt Weapons" and the spine of that thing looks like some stuff that's covered in some pictures from the Rennaisance. Very cool, but for the length I still love things like Mallas and Sirupatis, and Kobras. :D The run of the mill bowie and the standard HI Bowie don't really do much for me, then of course there's those crappy "Bowies" that they sell on the Home Shopping Network, oh those are just funny to look at sometimes. :) In fact the other week I was staying up to watch it, and they had a knife that was modeled after a khukuri. Noooooo!!!!

Sorry for the lack of coherent thoughts, I've had to deal with some time consuming distractions. :(

I'm gonna have Eastern and Western Bowies. I may even start looking at the "cave for rent" ads. If SWMBO ever goes into the den, and counts blades, I may NEED the cave ads :D

Originally posted by bobwill1
Very cool, but for the length I still love things like Mallas and Sirupatis, and Kobras. :D

Sorry for the lack of coherent thoughts, I've had to deal with some time consuming distractions. :(

Bob you should really like this Bowie then if you like the lengths of the Mallas, Sirupatis and the like.
This Bowie has a 13" inch blade and is 20" over all length!!!!!!!
It's dayumed sure *Not* a *Whimpy* Bowie, let alone *Not* being a "Run of the Mill" Bowie!!!!!!:D

I know Bro keeps saying, "Slow and steady Bro." but I can hardly wait until we get the 1st of these. I'm setting on pins and needles hoping the kami who makes it follows the model as such and doesn't try to "improve" it.
If the balance comes in at the juncture of blade and handle and the weight's around a pound and a half or less I'm gonna be in Hawg Heaven!!!!!!!:)
I don't think I was even near this excited about the YCS and I hope and pray this one comes in as well done.

Bob don't let the bastards wear you down. It's already tomorrow on the other side of the world so all is not lost.:D

Walosi I finally give up. We were talking about such things on another thread, but what's SWMBO?:eek:

Same Name, Make and Model (probably different year)....SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED.. or you do your own cooking...and whatever..:rolleyes:

Bill,
I'm surprised that someone hasn't nominated one of these kamis for ABA membership,just for the heck of it. Without benefit of basic literacy, much less a Texarkana College, these guys can turn out some rather prescient work. This Bowie knife certainly pulls together an awful lot from both sides of the pond. Q: Is that blade shape Eastern--or "Utah School?" Something to ponder.
Best as always,
Leo

Back