The Chat Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rolf, design one for me too!!! Just don't name it after the ganja this time. :p
I was given this hunk of........uh.....knife shaped thing yesterday. I am pretty sure it is custom....and the makers name is Stainless China. :D
19738853939_608c1833d3_c.jpg

Kevin, what are those letters stamped on the blade tang looks like "K F C"? :D Kool looking bayonet tho!

Kevin, I have one partially straightened paper clip, two large rubber bands and a cracked CD case (just the case) to Paula Abdul. You think that would be a fair trade? Lmk.

Morning guys, it's my Friday! WooHoo!

Make it great!

-X

Good morning guys!

FBC, that's totally Skyrim dude! bayonet too

Xander if Kevin does not take you up on that just let me know... I have half of a Bobby Brown CD I'd trade... yes half of the actual CD. You could make almost anything from it or maybe restore if you can locate the other half.

lol Rolf good morning!

BLK you called it dude! :D BTW I'm back on the Mega soon! :cool:

I hope everyone has a great day!

Hey, Bobby! I seeee you... How's the house coming along? Does it have a special DFK room yet?
Rolf, does the frost have a dragon shaped handle?
X, Is the paper clip anodized? What Paula Abdul cd are we talkin' about here?
D, What do Skyrim Knights use to sharpen? 'Cuz this thing holds a wicked sharp edge ...until you cut somthing. BTW is it the left or right side of the Bobby Brown cd? :D

It's coming along! Furniture took forever but should be ready tomorrow or Saturday. Be nice to have a table!

*edit*

No DFK room,but I have installed a magnetic knife block next to the stove. It's got one kitchen knife on there, by a certain maker. I need more!

Kevin, it's a powder coated paper clip, and the album is Straight Up. The rubber bands are NOS RARE VINTAGE from an office supply store that closed last year, they could be used for your vintage newspaper collection or make a great addition to any serious rubber band ball collection. You just can't get that "sun baked dark brown" color in new rubber bands anymore. Possibly made by Alliance which was founded in 1923, so I'm guessing these are from then. Rubberband.com if you want more info.... :p :D

Back to work...

-X

^ yes! I was cracking up yesterday when I saw an actual Frost listed on FB... a guy was asking the value. It was pretty sick, the pakkawood may have even been real!

Sorry Kevin, I had to sell that half of the CD... I'm trying to get X to part out his offer because I really want that powdercoated paper clip. I'm gonna make Kydex for it if I can secure the deal. By the way they don't even sharpen in Skyrim... because they use layered steel! It never dulls...

Sounds good Bobby! :cool:

Yo BLK!!!!

lol I don't really know much about skyrim but it has always been part of a joke here... one of the makers in Knifemaker Chat told me a guy emailed him and told him he was a Blacksmith. He was correcting the maker on his technique and some of it didn't quite make sense... until he mentioned he did all of his forging on Skyrim!!! :D

I know it has been a bit slow here but it is about to get more exciting! 30 knives done and more info on them later! That is 43 knives completed in the last 30 days.

Look out for several new models soon, I'm grinding just about 24-7 to line everything up!

NEW models! Finish the old models first. :D
Next up; Rebar Torps and Depth Charges. :)

I'm looking forward to them Rolf! Your rebar pry tool is too cool, I was opening boxes with it yesterday.

This...

goodnite!! That's the one, Daniel!!
Did the prybar cut ok? How hard is rebar?

Hmm, that looks like the best clip yet! Will that clip retro fit on a frikkie?

Beer?

goodnite!! That's the one, Daniel!!
Did the prybar cut ok? How hard is rebar?

Thanks Rolf! It cuts great, I found myself shredding things needlessly!

From what I understand rebar can vary a lot in carbon content... should be reasonably low hardness but it is tough stuff. I water quenched a piece I forged and am curious what it can do.

Hmm, that looks like the best clip yet! Will that clip retro fit on a frikkie?

Beer?

Thanks! It will fit on any of my folders with the 2 hole pattern... the very early friction folders with tip down carry all have individually sized clips but all of the tip up ones will work well with the clip. I'm sticking to this pattern so my clips will be interchangeable as long as the screw size matches.

I like the this style of clip, it works very well.

Beer... nope, Captain Morgans! Yarrrgghhhh! I'm getting drunk, someone make me an offer on a Kiridashi! :p :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back