The coin thread--post pictures of your traditional knives with a coin

An old photo , but just thought I'd add it to the pile .
Everything in the pic was gifted to me by Gary - G2 - Graley.

6c90b78a30843be93986dcb47b7a8b63_zps3c651ccf.jpg

Ken

Thanks for the comments. The pile side came from the same piece.

chamblinWT2.jpg

Most of the old half dollars in the first pic belonged to my grandfather. This thread encouraged me to dig them out of the safe and brought back some great memories. Thanks to Primble and the other posters.

Thought I would transport the mark side beside the pile side - those old half dollars are "to die for" !!

and the knife ain't so shabby neither!! :thumbup::D

Looks like a PERFECT match to me. ;)

@ Primble Calender quality pictures my friend:thumbup: Seriously, how bout a Primble knife calender?

This 1895 Indian Head Cent coin from a buddy along with my EZ open Scout;)

wzNMlD.jpg

QdmD5t.jpg

r9no4W.jpg

Last edited:
Chief, those half-dollars intrigue me, particularly the early 1830 one! Numismatics used to be an enthusiasm of mine when an adolescent, but I only knew about certain European coins nothing about your American ones. Most c18th and 19th coins are particularly beautiful. Another learning berth beckons.....:thumbup:

Naturally the knife is outstanding, but for me at least the coins eclipse it (a patina thing again you see..:D)

Thanks, Will

This thread is an interesting take on the relationship between coins and knives. Both types of object are attractive and useful. Some even gain value for the collector!
Since in much earlier times, Ivory was considered a material of value and beauty, I thought I would include some here.

Coinsandteeth1_zps229c5899.jpg

The modern coins (Buffalo and Brave - I hope these terms do not offend?!) are actually bullion, and not coins in the strictest sense.

Oooh! That Barehead ivory Wharncliffe is a handsome knife. So too those Mercury heads.

Time for a Boy's Knife Smooth Bone Wharncliffe:thumbup::D

Well, I haven't been contributing much lately, but as I seem to have this Sunday afternoon off, I thought I'd snap a photo of my carry today along with a few small US coins.

preview_image_1_27820032x_zpsaf9e0afd.jpg

If anyone is interested, the coins are (clockwise from bottom left):

Braided Hair Liberty Head Cent - 1850
Silver Three-Cent Piece - 1853
Shield Nickel - 1867
Seated Liberty Half Dime - 1854

This 1895 Indian Head Cent coin from a buddy along with my EZ open Scout;)

Beautiful rust red and coin Paul. :thumbup::)

This thread is an interesting take on the relationship between coins and knives. Both types of object are attractive and useful. Some even gain value for the collector!
Since in much earlier times, Ivory was considered a material of value and beauty, I thought I would include some here.

Really swell tuxedo style ivory knife :eek: Charlie and the coins look great alongside ivory knives. :thumbup::)

Well, I haven't been contributing much lately, but as I seem to have this Sunday afternoon off, I thought I'd snap a photo of my carry today along with a few small US coins.

Shield Nickel - 1867

Beautiful knife and super coins Stephen!! :eek::thumbup::)

My latest Queen
Cent page from my unfinished U. S. Type set.

Very nice!! :thumbup::)

I have a wonderful silver certificate I will post up when I get home tomorrow. Consider this a place holder.

I really, really want to find a Morgan SD soon. I don't know why I'm so fascinated with them, but I really am. Silver coin in general, I guess. I've always thought with a real silver dollar in your pocket you'll never truly be broke.

Many years ago, I carried this little kit when we traveled...it used to have some Double Eagles in it but only silver dollars now. Was my "getting out of a jam on the road" money. ;)

TravelKit_zpscd786ccf.jpg

preview_image_1_27820032x_zpsaf9e0afd.jpg

Shield Nickel - 1867

Super knife, Stephen!! All you need right there. Thanks for posting the names of each coin! Super coins. I love this thread:D

OK, I'm blaming you people and this thread specifically for launching me into what could easily become yet another obsession.

I'm anxiously waiting on a package. Stay tuned.
slider_popcorn.gif

Back