The coin thread--post pictures of your traditional knives with a coin

Here is a quarter that we pulled out of the washing machine...who knows how long it was in there!

F95F5478-F7B5-4C80-93A3-E2B465DE6462_zpsv71emb0b.jpg

Just received this coin today. It's from the Amphipolis mint (Macedonia), dated between 305 - 297 B.C. during the reign of Kassander, one of many generals who struggled for power after the death of Alexander III (the Great).

i-zn6VJtC-X2.jpg

I've always liked the old silver certificates but have switched to collecting world banknotes recently.

Folks, Let's keep this on topic by posting some knife content along with our coins and currency. Thanks!

I posted this in another thread but thought I'd post it here as well. The coin is an 1857 Flying Eagle Cent and the knife is a 1965-69 Case Mini Copperhead.

preview_image_1_40060732x_zps8ee57bee.jpg

Both are shear elegance, Stephen!! A flying eagle cent...new one on me. I will have to look that one up

Bladenoobie1, I blame you for sparking my new interest in ancient coins. ;)

Email me when you get a chance.

Got these two coins from my good friend Gary ( G2 ) Graley recently .
They have traveled a fair old distance to get to me here in Australia .

Ken

Just received this coin today. It's from the Amphipolis mint (Macedonia), dated between 305 - 297 B.C. during the reign of Kassander, one of many generals who struggled for power after the death of Alexander III (the Great).

i-zn6VJtC-X2.jpg

Where does a guy get a coin like that!? Very cool! The knife ain't half bad neither!

A couple of tokens from the Naval Support Facility in Naples Italy along with my old Imperial stockman.

DSCN0294.jpg

MiKe B very kindly sent me a bundle of interesting coins on Friday. Here's one from his home and one from Austria. The Böker Whittler is just hanging around looking for cutting work - another parcel if it's lucky!:D:D

Thanks, Will

IMG_2609.jpg

Finally got the chance to visit home and take pictures. Next set of photos will probably be another month from now.

Pictured is a 1965 50 Centavos from Bolivia
IMG_2426_zps4af1a1dd.jpg

IMG_2429_zps3048c142.jpg

IMG_2430_zps08183a45.jpg

Just got this coin today. It is from the rule of Lysimachus (360 – 281 BC), an officer of Alexander the Great, who became king of Thrace in 306 BC. The helmeted head of Athena can be seen on the obverse.

A story popular in Roman times told that Alexander once punished Lysimachus for an indiscretion by locking him in a cage with a lion. Lysimachus killed the beast by tearing out its tongue.

i-Nmn7v6d-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Back