The Competition Finish Is Gone . . . . . .

Jerry Busse

You'll note that the competition finish is no longer an option on our new website.

There may be some special offers or Ganzaaaas in the future where it shows up again, but it is gone for now.

Let's Drink!!! :thumbup:

Jerry
:D

Hmmmm......love my CF TGLB.
I have a "few" coated blade, but the bulk are not.
Perhaps some other non-coated options in the future?

Drowning an ice cube.....it's the weekend:D

009_zpseb9dd522.jpg

Last edited:
They likely require a significantly larger amount of work to finish than a coated blade making the competition finish not as cost effective. That's my guess and I'm sticking with it.

Not a huge deal for me, if I want a bare blade there is always stripper.

bummer, wonder why ?? seems like less work and people love it. oh i see more exclusive:D dang . i was gonna try to get my SHBM in comp too :grumpy:

They likely require a significantly larger amount of work to finish than a coated blade making the competition finish not as cost effective. That's my guess and I'm sticking with it.

Yeah, I'm guessing that's about what it amounts to but I'd also wager a guess that many people wouldn't mind paying a little bit more for it?

You'll note that the competition finish is no longer an option on our new website.

There may be some special offers or Ganzaaaas in the future where it shows up again, but it is gone for now.

Let's Drink!!! :thumbup:

Jerry
:D

Totally bummed about this as I was really wanting to get a 2nd TGLB with black/tan G10 handles and comp finish.

I'll be drinking but only to drown my depression :(

Well CF is not satin...it's kinda of a so fugly, it's pretty; now use it! finish. If folks didn't realize that going in, I completely understand restricting / eliminating the use of CF.

The Competition Finish was meant to be just what it said it was, a "competition grade finish".

It was not supposed to be "pretty" or "perfect" and although I believe we had made that quite clear, there seemed to be way too much confusion.

We received so many returns for machine marks and other marks left behind during the production process that the added time in refinishing the blades to meet the customer's expectations made it way too costly to continue.

Hope that helps,

Jerry :D

One reason I love seeing stripped Busse's are the character marks. I love the grind lines and seeing some sweet Infi dimples. Doesn't get any better than that for me. I like the CF finish, but not worried enough about it to complain now that it's gone.

If you cant live without it, I'm sure the Custom Shop will be glad to build one to your exact taste.

I pretty much guessed the logic behind the decision, when I got my CF I did a little double take at some clatter on a blade.... I had not seen that on a Busse before..... but then I remembered what *I* had ordered and WHY.... I think this is a great finish but I often wondered just how many people made the call to the shop over the "character marks" that made CF what it was, now I guess I know the answer.

Andy

that sucks. i think the competition is better than satin its shiny but you wont feel guilty about beating it, i can see how that would be a pain jerry. doh! cmon guys !!!!!

Back