The CRK Anticipation Thread - Show Your 'Inbound's!

What do you mean 2 years at the spa? Why would it take so long?
Homeward bound at last.... After 2 long years at the spa, I'm going to meet my pretties at last! OK, 2 months, but it felt like 2 years! :D

All3Inbound_zpsexcmdy4o.jpg

Never mind, I see 2 months. But what's the story? Where did you find these and why did they have to go to the spa?

Never mind, I see 2 months. But what's the story? Where did you find these and why did they have to go to the spa?

There's actually 4 knives, one is a Zaan that I don't have the pic of. As for why they went straight to the mothership from the seller, take a look at these links. Both from AZCK have been carried, and show it. Take a look at the close-ups, you can see a bit.

The large Mammoth went to get the factory edge back, as the previous owner stropped it.

http://www.arizonacustomknives.com/...-eye-mapledamascus-by-chris-reeve-181408.aspx

http://www.arizonacustomknives.com/mnandi--damascus-and-diamond-by-chris-reeve-181386.aspx

Since it isn't here yet...

CRK5052%5B1%5D.jpg

I wanted to wait until the large was available so I could receive both at the same time...

^^^ Nice one!

And for me....... Guess I won't be keeping my lefty Moonsong after all.........

IGWT-Moonsong_zpszcwsup6l.jpg~original

Last edited:

Named the Impofu, the Zulu word for the Eland, the world's largest antelope, the Impofu is an impressive knife at the largest knife in the Chis Reeve Knives collection. There is a limited edition of 500 numbered pieces in the world, as well as fourteen pre-production prototypes. The CRK Impofu is impressive, a CPM 3V bush knife with a 10 inch blade tackles the most challenging tasks with ease!

Blade Material:
CPM 3V stainless steel
Blade Hardness:
58-60 RC
Blade Coating:
KG GunKote
Blade Length:
10 inches - 254mm
Blade Thickness (Full Tang):
0.270 inches - 6.86mm
Overall Length:
16.15 inches - 412.75mm
Handle Material:
Black Canvas Micarta
Weight: 20.2 ounces - 572.6 grams
Sheath: Black Leather, made by Gfeller Casemakers

Last edited:

Project I coming my way!

• Specs:
  • Model - Chris Reeve Project I;
  • Blade Length - 191mm (7½"), non-reflective Kalgard® coating;
  • Blade Thickness - 6.5mm (0.255");
  • Blade Width - 32.06mm (1.262");
  • Overall Length - 324mm (12.75");
  • Weight - 397 g (14 oz.);
  • Steel - A2 Tool Steel hardened at 55-57 RC;
  • Warranty - Lifetime;

Last edited:
Egads! Why is the last day the hardest?! This will be the new 'zaan. I'll post pictures of me opening it with my 2-week old Insingo...

Capture.PNG

Appears likely that a non-serrated black bladed Pacific will be arriving this coming week

pacific%20plain_zpsqudwabiz.jpg
[/URL]

Confirmed shipping today!

Last edited:
Enroute:

Alas, not from KnifeArt, where the pic is stolen from (they've long since been sold out -- mine's coming from Knifeworks), but it was the best pic I could find.

Regards,
Adam

PS - Knifeworks appears to be out of the standard Ti-Lock, but they're still listing the Elemental, in case anyone's interested.

And here she is :) Perfect in every way from being centered to being silky smooth and effortless, to smooth flicking out of the box, to the fit, finish, uniformity of grind; etc. The only drawback? Could have come with a sharper factory edge but at the expense of perhaps ruffling some feathers, I'm getting used to receiving CRKs with not the sharpest of edges from factory. Time to invest in a higher end guided sharpening system as I hazard to free hand it with this one (hint: I'm not so good at free hand and reserve that lack of skills to the "cheaper" blades ;) )

zZ9JJpm.jpg

Tee thank you very much and I'd definitely recommend saving up to buy one of these babies new. IMHO, it's worth paying the extra retail markup just to get a hassle free one and keeping the previous owner's guesswork outta it.

Plus Wilson Combat has an extremely generous 60 day return policy, 30 days for full refund if unused and 60 days with store credit. I've seen at times they have a sale also near the Holidays or just because, normally 5-7 percent or so off :thumbsup:

Back