1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

The CRK Insingo Hangout!

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by BMCGear, Sep 7, 2014.

1. KBA

KBA Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2014
    I bought a few CRKs a few weeks ago intending for them to be my last. Well, where there is a will there is a way. I wanted a small Insingo and I wanted to try the plain TI scales. I picked up a few odd jobs around the neighborhood to pick this one up. It actually received it's first trail from my wedding ring while taking the lanyard off. My first Insingo and first plain TI Sebenza.

[​IMG]

2. Gizler00

Gizler00 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006

Love the knife!

[​IMG]

3. KBA

Apr 27, 2014
    Thank you. I appreciate that. I really look forward to putting it to work and building some character. The small 21 just fits perfectly in my hand and with this blade shape, I see it being a favorite quickly.

4. Gizler00

Feb 19, 2006
    The small is really the perfect size knife for just about any task where a knife is needed. I opted for the large this time around, but really see myself getting another small very soon.

5. Acadian

Acadian Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Very nice Brett - I knew it wouldn't be long before you got another CRK ;) Congrats!

I just picked up another large 21 - this time with plain Ti scales. I just need to take the lanyard off.

[​IMG]

6. Gizler00

Feb 19, 2006
    Im trying to decide if I want to remove the lanyard or not. Seems like it's just always in the way.

7. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    [​IMG]

8. KBA

Apr 27, 2014
    Thanks Luc. I appreciate that good sir. There are2 more on my checklist. ;):D

9. Easyrider

Easyrider

Jan 31, 2000
    Here are a couple of better photos of my Plain Jane Insingo.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. uofaengr

uofaengr

Jan 9, 2014
    I do not have my new Insingo (born August 2015) with me today to make a picture, but I noticed a small touch that is different than my other two Sebenzas of 2012 and 2013 manufacturer dates. Underneath where the pocket clip sits, there are two small mills in the titanium side by side perpendicular to the lockbar. I was wondering if all new Sebenzas have this and what the purpose is for? Maybe added grip against the pocket?

11. alwayscarryaknife

alwayscarryaknife

May 31, 2013
    Who knows, my 2012 small 21 has this too. My 2015 insingo is at home and haven't checked for this.

12. uofaengr

uofaengr

Jan 9, 2014
    Hmm I was pretty sure I put my 2012 small 21 next to my new Insingo the other day and they were different...

Maybe I need to double check and will post pics later..

13. alwayscarryaknife

alwayscarryaknife

May 31, 2013
    Are your older ones inlayed? Wonder if they put them on the inlayed versions so they have a breakpoint for the polished slabs vs the blasted lockbar. Not knowing whether the scales will be for wood or micarta.

My 2012 is a wood inlayed model.

EDIT: Looked at a bunch of photos and only see those grooves on inlayed models. I think it acts as a divider.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  14. uofaengr

uofaengr

Jan 9, 2014
    Both my older ones are plain jane. That might just explain it!

15. alwayscarryaknife

alwayscarryaknife

May 31, 2013
    They polish the scales after they've bent the lockbar so I assume the grooves give them a clean line. Didn't even notice that until today.

16. uofaengr

uofaengr

Jan 9, 2014
    Wow been an owner of CRKs for going on a couple years and still learn something new all the time! Love it.

17. VolGrad

VolGrad Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2010
    [​IMG]

18. uofaengr

uofaengr

Jan 9, 2014
    Sitting here at work today and pulled out my new small micarta Insingo to admire for a minute, and I don't gush about too many knives, but man this is a beautiful knife. They really hit this newer stonewash out of the park. It's not Strider level aggressive, but it fits the knife perfectly. The lines and flow of the knife from the scales to the tip of the blade are amazing.

I'm not the hugest fan of the look of the clip point blades--I wish they were a little more bullnosey and less pointy, but it's all I've wanted previously in my Sebenzas. Going forward, it's gonna be tough to buy a Sebenza that's NOT an Insingo. For some reason, I'm already jonesing for a small CF Insingo...

19. Acadian

Acadian Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 21, 2015
    I'm hoping that CRK will eventually release an Insingo 25. I'll be the first in line if that ever happens.

20. KBA

Apr 27, 2014
    [​IMG]