The Dreamer – A retelling

Dang Macs sure do such things in an effortless manner, don't they?

They say once you go Mac you won't go back, but I'm addicted to PC's I guess. They may not be as intuitive, but once you know them and all their many Microsquish foibles, they seem faster to me.

I use a Mac mini here at work for conversion issues and cutting CD's, but all the primary work is on XP.

Norm

Geez,

I guess I missed a lot when I was absent.

I wish I'd seen this 2 years ago.

Thanks

Started this journey last night and finished it with my coffee this a.m.

Absolutely a wonderfully written and eloquent, yet disturbing story.

Much makes me want to cry these last few years, yet i've been unable by a hardened heart. I can't help but feel that holding of my tears has scarred my soul in ways i can't imagine, even yet. Upon reading again for the thousandth time a small fraction of the trangressions and shame my forefathers have brought upon this land and myself against the true keepers of our mother, and our mother herself.

I felt despair.

I held those tears, until bill's poem and read the rest with them welling up uncontrollably, i let them run a minute to cleanse my soul and went on to read that all is not lost, and that if we search hard enough that we all as brothers too may find truth in our souls.

Thank you U.B.,Yangdu, Howard, ted and to all here. For this gift. It is precious.
I also would appreciate Yvsa's thoughts on this, as much as he can tell.

I urge all who havent yet...to read this with an open heart and read each word as if it were spoken to you by a friend in your own dreams.

Last edited:
<snip>

Also, I get most of my out of print books from Alibris. It looks like they have Songs of the Sand Country in stock for $8.

http://www.alibris.com/booksearch?bi....y=0&hs=Submit

Unbelievable. I set up hard-coded search requests for this book two years ago, at both ABEBooks and Alibris. Never heard anything from them. I know some folks have paid into 3-digits for this little book. $8!

At least I have both of his books on CD.

Norm

Unbelievable. I set up hard-coded search requests for this book two years ago, at both ABEBooks and Alibris. Never heard anything from them. I know some folks have paid into 3-digits for this little book. $8!

At least I have both of his books on CD.

Norm

I know....
I scoured the internet after finding out that someone had bought this copy of Songs of the Sand Country(Lucky Dog).All his books are outta print and unavailable.
Uncle wrote 3 books, as near as i can tell right now....and I'm not tellin' what the 3rd was.
The Dreamer, original copies, as far as i know are fetching around $85 in used condition.

I wish and still hope there's a way these books can be Reprinted.
They Both tell a wonderful story.....but they also have an underlying message that needs and should be heard and respected.

Back