1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

The Flea Market Mung Absolution Thread

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by RRaconteur, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Thanks Schmittie! Ask away if you have any questions.

Thanks Blue! Maybe just a bit too OCD there ;) but hopefully it helps.

jaz322 likes this.
  2. SLOsmokin

SLOsmokin Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    @Warrior108 Your pic idea also gives a great size reference as well. I am surprised by how small the bushboot is.

3. Warrior108

Apr 24, 2012
    The Bushboot isn't that small, I don't think. There's a Babyboot in the mix too. Keep in mind I wear 2XL or preferably 3XL gloves and kinda have the nickname "gorilla hands" in the pool league. hahaha

4. SLOsmokin

SLOsmokin Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    You're right, i meant Babyboot. ooh pool league, I just picked up a sweet McDermott cue.

5. Warrior108

Apr 24, 2012
    Nice, cues are my other weakness. Predator P3's and P2's ..

So yeah, Babyboot. Sorry Andy @Fiddleback and @Lady1911 but I really don't meannnnnn to pick on the Babyboot but when I hold it in my hand, the Dane Cook "Clue Knife" comes to mind. hahahaha

edit: Oh yeah, probably because of her crazy outtakes but that "stabbing action with a tiny knife" reminds me of @Outpost Allison ;)

I pulled out the section for ya'll and tell me that doesn't fit the Babyboot :D:D:D

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    B Griffin, Lady1911 and SLOsmokin like this.
  6. ShanghaiJer

ShanghaiJer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2014
    @jaz322 is that Blackwood on the BLJ?

7. jaz322

jaz322 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    No sir, it appears to be a dark maroon g10 or similar (linen micarta?). Here is a closeup of the handle next to my other one (that i bought from you iirc).

I have a vintage Diomedes neck sheath used for one of my runts but will include it if it makes a difference to the buyer. It’s a collectors item in and of itself!

401BA2E3-77CC-4F44-955D-3CEAA041D27E.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    Lady1911 likes this.
  8. ShanghaiJer

ShanghaiJer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2014
    Thanks! Was hoping it was Blackwood, but I’m still super tempted by that one ... probably going to keep me up tonight LOL!

jaz322 likes this.
  9. jaz322

jaz322 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    With neck (or slip) sheath.
    1664080B-7716-4609-A45E-1BD4037BCB71.jpeg

Lady1911 likes this.
  10. lmalterna

lmalterna Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2002
    One of those is clearly not 3/32....
    @Hunam You are correct that not all three knives are the same precise thickness. I listed the knives per the makers specifications. I see some folks list a micrometer measurement, while this leaves folks running for a conversion chart... maybe I should list the micrometer measurement in parentheses. This gives us knuckle draggers a rough thickness and discerning folks a more accurate measurement.

Thanks,
    Bill

Lady1911 and B Griffin like this.
  11. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    the cpm154 stock is usually bit thicker

12. Nbrackett

Nbrackett Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Feel free to make an offer on the Babyboot in post 14153 of the Flea Market.

Bmurray and Lady1911 like this.
  13. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    $2.50

Nbrackett likes this.
  14. Nbrackett

Nbrackett Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Sure. Just add a small fee of $197 for shipping and handling.

Warrior108 and NoRest like this.
  15. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    Wish I had the money for the Esquire with the sheath that @Curl of the Burl posted tonight.

Curl of the Burl likes this.
  16. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    there's some awesome knives right now on the Fiddleback Forge website. Especially that thin 3/32" Osage, cpm154 Handyman

17. varga49

varga49 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2016
    Everyone is selling and few people buying!

18. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Probably because they bought more than one Fiddleback and realized, ooops, maybe I should sell one or two. :D Which is a good variety to choose from.

varga49 likes this.
  19. varga49

varga49 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2016
    Ain’t That the Truth :rolleyes:

20. Lady1911

Lady1911 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Or.......since the IRS is a bunch of poopy-heads, some of us just *might* be preparing for the Big Bohica. ;)

Choppaman and varga49 like this.