The Funnel (pay no attention to the man behind the curtain)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diesel D

Tow Mater
So I was thinking maybe a behind the scenes thread was in order. We all know Todd turns out the knives and Murph and I help out wherever and whenever we can, and we all do it part time. Just for the hell of it, since I have no practical skills apart from changing the trash cans, maybe this could be a Q&A thread, behind the scenes/anything and everything related to how we convert gallons of beer into handmade knives. Mostly what we're learning is it's hard to start a legitimate business, and everything we learn the hard way I intend to throw up here for your general amusement. I take requests, especially if it makes the other two look bad. Just let me know. Today, for instance, Todd and I drove 20 miles to pick up more bumper stickers that we'd ordered 3 weeks ago. Not only were they not ready, the dude had apparently just started making them that morning. Here's 30 seconds of what it's like to stand around in a print shop for 4 hours on a Saturday morning instead of making knives.

[video=youtube;Z_54wpU_wbc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_54wpU_wbc&feature=plcp[/video]

Seeing as I'm the brains of the bunch I can't believe I didn't think of this! Well done Diesel! I've always wanted to portray that this is a by hand business. Nothing fancy, just some average dude (that being me) trying to provide a old world craft and service with the end result being a product that is the best of my ability. (That being the knives) however. There are poeple involved that help me out tremendously and there are lot of things that happen that poeple don't know about that happens behind the scenes (so to speak) that help make that happen. So here's your chance folks. You got a question about anything in general, knife related or not, here's your chance. Spit it out. Don't be bashfull!

Today, for instance, Todd and I drove 20 miles to pick up more bumper stickers that we'd ordered 3 weeks ago. Not only were they not ready, the dude had apparently just started making them that morning. Here's 30 seconds of what it's like to stand around in a print shop for 4 hours on a Saturday morning instead of making knives.
Man, did the pro-active "shop owner" at least give you:
A) A discount on the stickers, or
B) Gas & beer money for your troubles, or
C) A discount on your next order, or
D) Or a smile and a parting shot of, "Thanks for the order & come back again" . . . . . ;)
( my money's on "D" ) . . . . :thumbup:
Be safe.

Man, did the pro-active "shop owner" at least give you:
A) A discount on the stickers, or
B) Gas & beer money for your troubles, or
C) A discount on your next order, or
D) Or a smile and a parting shot of, "Thanks for the order & come back again" . . . . . ;)
( my money's on "D" ) . . . . :thumbup:
Be safe.[/QUOTE]
To be fair, we waited around because he's giving us a helluva deal on all this stuff. And we used the downtime as an opportunity to discuss a few other graphics ideas with him that he's gonna work on. And in case you missed it, he gave us this for our trouble;

Yeah, it's a 4Ft. long M18 View attachment 315740

Updated the mobile site of tmhuntcustomknives this morning. Check it out. You know..from a phone.
And hey..keep in mind as you guys take delivery of your one-of-a-kind Hunt knives, come back here and post some pics somewhere in our little subforum. Just keep in mind if it's cool enough, I intend to snatch it up and put it on the website. So, you know..fair warning.

No problem 710. I'll send a couple. There's a pic of your M-18 on the thread I just posted.

Well here's "behind the scenes for ya" just got back from pickin up the kids at grandma and grandpa's. Went by BW3's had a couple of wings and a beer. Caught up on some football games. Home now and my ass ain't leavin the couch until I get up to go to bed! Good night all!

I think i would of had a couple of beers and a wing instead lmao, Good night man!

Wow people must be buying those $99.99 stickers like crazy :) are they all the huge kind ? if they are normal size and NOT 100 bucks ill take one as well when my time comes :)

I'll send ya a couple with your knife WW. Just for the record, for future refference just automatically assume that Diesel D is full of sh!t!;) he's gifted that way!

Here's your weekly update that has nothing to do with knifemaking; Tomorrow Todd is gonna spend a perfectly good Saturday helping me move 50 miles away to my brand-damn new house, instead of making knives. Thanks buddy! Starting at 9! Beer when we're done..

Here's your weekly update that has nothing to do with knifemaking; Tomorrow Todd is gonna spend a perfectly good Saturday helping me move 50 miles away to my brand-damn new house, instead of making knives. Thanks buddy! Starting at 9! Beer when we're done..

What do you mean when were done? That's horsesh!t! How about before, during, and after! BEER! Its not just for breakfest anymore! ;)

What do you mean when were done? That's horsesh!t! How about before, during, and after! BEER! Its not just for breakfest anymore! ;)

Absolutely right! Gotta stay hydrated during all that work!:D

Where you moving to DD?

Borden, Indiana. I got ahold of a little piece of land that borders forestry property. Middle of nowhere. Never gonna leave..
Just finished the house Thursday.

I plan on clogging his new toilet tommarrow!:D house warming gift!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back