The Funnel (pay no attention to the man behind the curtain)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I plan on clogging his new toilet tommarrow!:D house warming gift!

The construction outhouse is still there. That's all yours!
And thanks, G.. it will be. Me, Murphy and Todd actually plan to field test most of his products while roaming the nooks and crannies around there. Should make for good video when Todd finds another hornet's nest.

Well. We got Diesel D moved today. Moving sucks I don't care who ya are. Fortunately there was a lot of help and Jeff (DD) was beside himself with happiness moving into his new home that he will be at the rest of his life. The property is beautiful, the house is beautiful, and his wife is pretty damn cute too! ;) but seriously. Today completed a huge goal for DD, and as his friend, I could not be happier for him. Congradulations on your new home buddy. May it bring you many years of happiness. I didn't take but a few pics. But a couple of Rufus. DDs dog I thought was pretty priceless. He rode shotgun with me in the Uhaul truck. And he was pretty clueless as to what was going on.
2012-12-08111412.jpg
2012-12-08111355.jpg

Great pics Todd. Looks like Rufus is not at all fazed by the move. He must know that it's all for the best!

We need some more pics of DD's place!

congrats on the new spot. and im glad the move is going well.

I cant wait until i get to my new (and last) spot but i have 2 more YEARS :(

Great pics Todd. Looks like Rufus is not at all fazed by the move. He must know that it's all for the best!

We need some more pics of DD's place!

Yeah Rufus is a pretty good boy. He gets setlled in he'll be in heaven with all that acreage to run around on. I'll let DD post the pics of the house. He'll need something to do when he gets his computer back up and runnin.

congrats on the new spot. and im glad the move is going well.

I cant wait until i get to my new (and last) spot but i have 2 more YEARS :(

Hey..I know the feeling. The first step in the whole process was moving to a new job, and that happened exactly 2 years ago this week. My wife and I have been planning this house for the past year and a half! I'm on her kindle thingy now but later this week when I get my office set up I'll throw up some pics. Thanks again Todd. For a knifemaker, yer A helluva mover!

Thanks man! And for a old dirty biker, your a pretty good friend!

2012-12-09_08-24-27_1.jpg

We're getting way off topic here. But yeah.. my little family. Man, it's all coming together.

Got a question for all you smart fellers; guy from Canada wants a knife. Where there's a will there's a way and all that, but apart from maybe a bit more shipping charge, is there any other problems with sending "blades" across borders? Just looking for multiple thoughts on the subject...

Hey DD. I sent Todd a PM with some shipping info. Where is this guy based?

Nice to hear some more of Todd's knives are coming up to Canada!:)

G

Well..cool. but, are there problems with customs? I won't see Todd til tomorrow. You can tell me now!

Well..cool. but, are there problems with customs? I won't see Todd til tomorrow. You can tell me now!

Hey DD. Cutoms is a crap shoot. With American made product and American materials there should not be a problem but...

What I told Todd.

Shipping to Canada should be by US post. Depending on what you are sending list it as cutlery and consider listing the declared value at less $20. If you declare and insure for more, it usually gets hauled in for duties and taxes.

If I'm getting stuff from the states, i usually ship it to these guys in Buffalo and just drive down to pick it up.

http://www.cbiusa.com/

That's the best most surefire way and everything can be insured and documented.

UPS and FedEx are the worse as they always process the item with a huge brokerage fee. I once had to pay $200 for brokerage on a warranty part. Even though i paid zero dollars for it, the fee was based on the declared/insured value. Screwy, I know.

Where this fella live? Maybe we can pick up the package and re-mail it?

Thanks, G. You're helping to build the knowledge database. I shall henceforth come to you with all things Canadian. For instance, what makes your bacon different?

Its just camadian trickery. Its really bad ham. What country in there right mind would screw with bacon?;)

Oh..look. the boss. Todd, was your canadian friend you mentioned yesterday Gmoney? If so, I tricked him into telling us twice!

Oh..look. the boss. Todd, was your canadian friend you mentioned yesterday Gmoney? If so, I tricked him into telling us twice!

You figured me out DD. my little canadian buddy i mentioned is none other than Gmoney! Hi Gus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back