The GSO series of Knives by SURVIVE! Photos and Videos!

Discussion in 'Knife Reviews & Testing' started by SURVIVE!, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SURVIVE!

SURVIVE!

Jun 25, 2011
    Here are some first photos and some short videos of the first GSO series prototypes. These are prototypes and the final versions of each will be of a higher finish quality than these. The GSO-4,5 and 6 will be available for purchase in 2 weeks.
    These will all be marked "prototype" since each of these have been hand convex ground by Bark River and aren't to production specs. If you like the knives and what I'm trying to do, please consider purchasing one of these first models from me so I can continue to make neat things in the future.

The prices will be as follows: Updated Prices for these prototypes! THIS IS A BLADE FORUMS MEMBER OFFER ONLY!
    GSO-4 $155
    GSO-5 $165
    GSO-6 $175

Shipping to the lower 48 is included in the price.

These prices include a custom Kydex sheath, made by Kiah.
    All knives are CPM 3V, heat treated by Peters Heat Treat to 59-60rc.

three on trunk.jpg GSO5.jpg GSO4.jpg rc6 and gso6.jpg rc4 and gso5.jpg

I only have a limited number of each so get them fast if you see something you like.

UPDATE! Let me put this in the first post also, so nobody misses it. Before they are even finished, I'm officially sold out of GSO-6's. If someone backs out and you would like to be notified for a second chance offer, please email me at: [email protected] Second chance offers will be handled on a first come, first serve basis. Some GSO-5's and a few GSO-4's are still available. Just drop me an email to lock in a spot. If you have already contacted me about a GSO-6 and I have written a response confirming your reservation, please disregard this message.

I welcome comments, feedback and new video ideas!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  2. Atama

Atama Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Let me know when these are ready to go, I want a GSO-5!

3. SURVIVE!

SURVIVE!

Jun 25, 2011
    Will do! That is my first design and still my personal favorite. I've been showing off the prototypes locally and I have yet to hear any bad feedback. People are loving the weight, ergonomics and balance.

To further confuse the issue, I'll have some with removable bolted handles and some with corbys, ground flush and epoxied.

4. vsys22

vsys22

Sep 25, 2010
    I'm excited to be at the front of the line to have my pick! Thanks again! Trying to patiently await your email.

5. PayetteRucker

PayetteRucker

Aug 4, 2009
    All of these designs are fantastic. Wow. Exactly what I'd look for in a survival knife. Which one to choose?!?

6. SURVIVE!

SURVIVE!

Jun 25, 2011
    Thanks so much for the compliment! I've been working on developing the GSO-5 for over a year now. It's a great contender for an all around survival knife.

7. B Griffin

B Griffin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Nice knives, I like the look of the GSO-5

8. unclerod

unclerod

Apr 21, 2010
    Really digging' the 4&5, nice work!

9. SURVIVE!

SURVIVE!

Jun 25, 2011
    Testing this CPM-3V has been really fun. Such an amazing steel. Even at 60Rc, it wants to bend under a heavy load rather than break. It's really easy to get the edge wickedly sharp and it holds an edge quite well. I think CPM-3V will be a steel option for all of my knife designs in the future.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  10. SURVIVE!

SURVIVE!

Jun 25, 2011
    Thank You! I can't wait to get these out into people's hands.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  11. sw0596

sw0596

Apr 24, 2009
    Wow! Very nice.

12. SURVIVE!

SURVIVE!

Jun 25, 2011
    If you happen to be a member of facebook, stop by my SURVIVE! page and become a fan for your chance to win a free GSO-5!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SURVIVE-wwwsurvive-gearcom/136994133038219

SPREAD THE WORD!!! Tell a friend to "like" the SURVIVE! fan page today! If this page reaches 200 fans by Christmas, one lucky person will be randomly selected to receive a FREE GSO-5! The drawing for the free GSO-5 will be held on new year's eve BUT only if we have 200 fans of the page. Already a fan? You are already entered for a chance to win a free knife! Tell a friend now!!!

GSO5.jpg

13. The Mastiff

The Mastiff Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 21, 2006
    They turned out very nice. Edited: Trying to place an order for a 6" GSO-6. Please help.

Congratulations on this run of knives. They look like they will go really fast.

Joe

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  14. Buffalohump

Buffalohump

Sep 7, 2006
    Damn, just when I thought I REALLY dont need another knife!

15. The Mastiff

The Mastiff Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 21, 2006
    I'm trying to place an order on the website for a GSO-6. It doesn't accept orders yet. Help please? :)

This is a for sure, want one order so please let me know what I need to do to lock one in.

Thanks,

Joe

16. SURVIVE!

SURVIVE!

Jun 25, 2011
    I have not officially been taking orders yet. That is the reason you can't do anything on my site. ;) Letting me know you want one for sure is all you need to do to hold one, which you just did. Looking through my emails, you are getting the last available GSO-6.
    I'll be keeping everyone's emails, just in case someone backs out. So a few second chance offers might come along. I do still have some GSO-5's and a few GSO-4's that aren't spoken for yet. Honestly, the way things are going, I don't think any will end up for sale on my website this go around. Not that I'm complaining or anything. lol

17. SURVIVE!

SURVIVE!

Jun 25, 2011
    Guess I should make this official in the form of a post. Before they are even finished, I'm officially sold out of GSO-6's. If someone backs out and you would like to be notified for a second chance offer, please email me at: [email protected] Second chance offers will be handled on a first come, first serve basis. Some GSO-5's and a few GSO-4's are still available. Just drop me an email to lock in a spot. If you have already contacted me about a GSO-6 and I have written a response confirming your reservation, please disregard this message.

18. Maddogg774

Maddogg774

Sep 19, 2011
    Those are SWEET! I'll buy a five, but I rather win one;)

19. SURVIVE!

SURVIVE!

Jun 25, 2011
    Best of luck to you and all the other facebook members who are entered to win a free GSO-5 on facebook! Assuming page reaches 200 fans by Christmas, the drawing for the free knife will be new year's eve.

20. phantom2010

phantom2010

Oct 7, 2011
    I'd like to reserve a 5 if that's still possible! Awesome looking knives. Looking for it with the black micarta grips.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.