The Guitars (or any other musical instrument) and Traditional Knives Picture Thread

iNc5meA.jpg

Nice knives and instruments, folks! Here's my offering.

1968 Gibson Hummingbird with a 1972 Case Half Congress and a Case Teardrop I picked up at the factory store last fall. The color of the Teardrop bone goes with the Hummingbird's sunburst top.
DE9t0g6.jpg

GAE8ION.jpg

1968 Gibson Hummingbird with a 1972 Case Half Congress and a Case Teardrop I picked up at the factory store last fall. The color of the Teardrop bone goes with the Hummingbird's sunburst top.
DE9t0g6.jpg

GAE8ION.jpg

Nice guitar and knife pics, Gary. :thumbsup::cool: I was waiting for that Hummingbird to drop down from your avatar and onto the page one of these days. :D

A composite ebony handled Robeson three blade, etched, "Carpenter's Choice" in a Gothic style, lying on the ebony and pearl inlayed peghead of a hundred year old Clifford Essex five string Paragon banjo.

Last edited:

DE9t0g6.jpg

GAE8ION.jpg

Gary I have looked at your guitar at least 3 times a day since you posted it. As a die hard Gibson fanboy I really appreciate the craftsmanship that went into that beauty and must admit I'm a bit jealous. With this guitar right now 50 years old I can only imagine the tonal qualities that instrument has developed. Having saw a glimpse of it in your avatar it's nice to finally see the whole guitar. Thanks for posting it.

Thanks for the compliment, Randy. I've had few Gibson's and others over the years but this one was always my favorite, as far as acoustic guitars go. I've had it since '71 or '72. It has a nice big, mellow sound.

Thanks for the thread, Randy. It's a good one. Your Les Paul is as good as it gets and that L4-A looks like it would be a pleasure to play.

Back