The HOGB8 Thread

Which style for the satin HOGB8?

• Regulator blade and handle shape, with .30+" thickness, but in satin INFI

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Basic blade and handle shape, but with modest swedged clip and massive thickness

Votes: 19 90.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey Hombre, any idea what caused you to get stuck at the end of the line? That's kinda the pits! :confused:
I have no idea on why I'm at the end of the line...Ordered early, Paid Promptly...Maybe I haven't ordered enough blades:rolleyes: I don't think that is the case;) You know the recent events here, and moving the fishing trip back, but I just figured that it would ship earlier:confused: Anyway I did call the shop and it shipped this week so maybe today or early next week :cool::thumbsup: They are holding up my sheath production but I've got some blank material cut and ready to fit as soon as I see this MONSTER HOGB8!!!!!!:cool::cool: Then I will make new reservations for fishing...:thumbsup::eek:

This knife is pretty cool with the clip point and penetrator tip. I just seen one sell here and it was sweet. :thumbsup: I wouldn't mind one myself.

BFC3.jpg

Mashed Cat taco in Olive Drab for the HOGB8 Standard profile--also stands in as a sweet pack carry for the War Feather (long clip). No rattle, no blade scuffing and smooth insertion/extraction with either knife.:cool:

Waiting on leather fancy pants for my WF belt carry.;):thumbsup::D

(Thanks again to Rob_Mob for letting Eric use his knife to press my sheath:thumbsup::cool:)

Finally got mine in the mail (and coordinated with the post office)!

As many others have said, this thing feels like a BEAST! I can't wait to use it. Whoever sharpened the blade did a GREAT job. Probably the most impressive I've seen from the factory.

If I had name a gripe, it would be that the handle is a little on the small side for my hand. I love the feeling, just wish there were a little more to hold on to. I can see hot spots forming if I'm swinging it hard for an extended amount of time (but gloves solve this issue pretty easily, so it will still be abused without hesitation).

Last edited:
Here it is....
940d0ab7615cf7f0fddf7e7bda2c9eda.jpg

That first pic is at a great angle to show the spine—thanks for the comparison pic, also. Gorgeous—Congrats!!!:thumbsup::cool:

hmm that knife doesnt fit in the lansky or dmt aligner guide hahah

i will try to see if i can find alternative, longer, screw ;-)

if not, i guess it will be time to really learn free hand sharpening! (in a way i hope not...)

Thanks for bringing this up. I plan on buying a guided sharpening device soon and didnt think of this chunk of steel not fitting in it. I'll have to research the max size in the models I'm interested in...

i contacted both to know the specs of the screw so i can get new one myself from the local store and lansky sent me for free longer one so +1 to them! they work with the hogb8

and i will repeat myself this knife is the best one to chop wood, only need 1-3 hit on the spine so the edge goes into the wood, after that the edge never touch the wood, it's all about the heel and the fact that it is so wide, it make a very nice wedge!

Thanks for the info on getting a free Lansky screw to upgrade their system to take the HOGB8–good to know!:thumbsup::cool:

Back