The HOGB8 Thread

Which style for the satin HOGB8?

• Regulator blade and handle shape, with .30+" thickness, but in satin INFI

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Basic blade and handle shape, but with modest swedged clip and massive thickness

Votes: 19 90.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Senator: I have no knowledge of those events............:rolleyes:

Will: I will never work for the Government again............;)

Yep—hog muk is still ahead in post count, but we’re waaaaay ahead on number of views and have been for a while. :thumbsup:

Whoo Hoo...CONGRAT'S ALL!!!
QHzMk7E.jpg

PS: Haven't forgotten about this thread, just been CRAZY BUSY!!!

Have had the CGWF-HOGB8 with me constantly since it's arrival. Hope to get some outdoor pictures up in the next couple weeks. Meant to snap a few pics of the knife while working the Pawnee Fire last weekend, but as you can imagine, I kinda had my hands full with other priorities.

Stay Cool this weekend and CONGRAT's AGAIN to you all!!!

Stump

Damn that's going to motivate me to stop by the butcher- about forgot there was a knife in those photos ` Damn! that's nice work.

Here's an array of the Basic 8 blade styles I have in my possession, for comparison, in case it's of interest to anyone:

B8 4-blade edit.jpg
Top-to-Bottom: Basic 8 LE, Basic 8 War Feather (Custom Shop--ground by Garth), satin HOGB8 Long Clip with PT, HOGB8 Standard blade with PT (BIG/DC)

(The original War Feather mod shortened its blade length to about 7 7/8”.)

Last edited:
What really stands out is how much more Ricasso there is on the HOGB8. Nice set of B8's Pard..:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks my friend. The edge lengths are actually about the same from heel to point. Looks like they moved the plunge grind forward a tad on the HOGB8, more toward the front of the choil.

Last edited:
Back