The HOGB8 Thread

Which style for the satin HOGB8?

• Regulator blade and handle shape, with .30+" thickness, but in satin INFI

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Basic blade and handle shape, but with modest swedged clip and massive thickness

Votes: 19 90.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Busto

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Senator: I have no knowledge of those events............:rolleyes:

Will: I will never work for the Government again............;)

Yep—hog muk is still ahead in post count, but we’re waaaaay ahead on number of views and have been for a while. :thumbsup:

Stump Buster

Gold Member
Whoo Hoo...CONGRAT'S ALL!!!
QHzMk7E.jpg

Stump Buster

Gold Member
PS: Haven't forgotten about this thread, just been CRAZY BUSY!!!

Have had the CGWF-HOGB8 with me constantly since it's arrival. Hope to get some outdoor pictures up in the next couple weeks. Meant to snap a few pics of the knife while working the Pawnee Fire last weekend, but as you can imagine, I kinda had my hands full with other priorities.

Stay Cool this weekend and CONGRAT's AGAIN to you all!!!

Stump

Leonardo63

Gold Member
Damn that's going to motivate me to stop by the butcher- about forgot there was a knife in those photos ` Damn! that's nice work.

Here's an array of the Basic 8 blade styles I have in my possession, for comparison, in case it's of interest to anyone:

B8 4-blade edit.jpg
Top-to-Bottom: Basic 8 LE, Basic 8 War Feather (Custom Shop--ground by Garth), satin HOGB8 Long Clip with PT, HOGB8 Standard blade with PT (BIG/DC)

(The original War Feather mod shortened its blade length to about 7 7/8”.)

Last edited:

Busto

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
What really stands out is how much more Ricasso there is on the HOGB8. Nice set of B8's Pard..:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks my friend. The edge lengths are actually about the same from heel to point. Looks like they moved the plunge grind forward a tad on the HOGB8, more toward the front of the choil.

Last edited: