The HOGB8 Thread

Which style for the satin HOGB8?

• Regulator blade and handle shape, with .30+" thickness, but in satin INFI

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Basic blade and handle shape, but with modest swedged clip and massive thickness

Votes: 19 90.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Free bump. :D

And some belated pics of my CF beasts. ;)

IMG_2575.jpg

IMG_2574.jpg

IMG_2576.jpg

IMG_2577.jpg

IMG_2573.jpg

All measure 0.352" thick at the ricasso. Weights as follows:

• Standard: 16.73oz (474.5g)
  • Drop Point: 16.84oz (477.5g)
  • War Feather: 16.17oz (458.6g)

I'm still scratching my head how my drop point weighs more than the standard model. And no, that's not a typo. :eek: :confused:

Last edited:
Pork on the hoof—great pics and comparisons! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I was somewhat surprised they kept all three blade lengths so nearly the same, also. The magic of Busse.:D

GrEIGHT pics ALL!!!

Quick bump because I've been SLACKING!!!

Have a Fantastic Weekend All!!!

PS - Just sent 2 of my HOGB8's out today for leather (one sheath to fit both hopefully). Will post pics when they get back!;)

Another tomahawk, this blade is so freaking awesome.
sHmTnc8.jpg

LXmhZt1.jpg

cKQ9Rye.jpg

Yep, DC is less forgiving than satin in that regard when it gets wet. But in my experience when you wipe away the surface rust with something like a solvent-soaked abrasive pad, it leaves a fairly stable blackish patina that doesn’t show much oxidation after that.:thumbsup:

Did it rust orange or just get black/blotchy?

Last edited:
I really like the neatsfoot oil finish--you gave it a good dose. Still a little dark in some of the crannies, so I know it's still being absorbed. Such an easy finish to restore with more oil, and so durable. Perfect Busse pants! :thumbsup::cool:

I really like the neatsfoot oil finish--you gave it a good dose. Still a little dark in some of the crannies, so I know it's still being absorbed. Such an easy finish to restore with more oil, and so durable. Perfect Busse pants! :thumbsup::cool:
Neatsfoot oil is easy care and protection for leather...It will even out some hides in a couple of days and had one that took 5 weeks to be a nice even finish and a little dab on a scrape will touch it right up...My saddles would sigh with delight when they were cleaned and Oiled...;):thumbsup:

Back