The HOGB8 Thread

Which style for the satin HOGB8?

• Regulator blade and handle shape, with .30+" thickness, but in satin INFI

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Basic blade and handle shape, but with modest swedged clip and massive thickness

Votes: 19 90.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Being around horses was how I first learned of it—used it on everything from saddles and bridles to my boots. Not the shiniest finish but keeps leather soft and supple, makes a good moisture barrier and is so easy to restore.:thumbsup:

So here's a riddle for you: "What's better than satin INFI and Res-C?" Simple:

HOGB8onBusto.jpg
Satin INFI, Res-C and fine leather!:D:thumbsup::cool:

Last edited:

Stump Buster

Gold Member
Does this Sheath make my HOGB8 look big????:D
iCgmsmc.jpg

266Ks5S.jpg

hSPwH9z.jpg

QCTahCJ.jpg

AkZdWE6.jpg

And two from the maker (Voyager Leatherworks - Adam Cantrell):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
JkbSFc8.jpg

cBQ4oTK.jpg

Stump Buster

Gold Member
Ha Ha, Made ya look!

Seriously, this is the second sheath I've received from from Adam and his work is top notch! I can't thank him enough for fitting me into to his busy build schedule. He hooked me up with a "one of" and I'm extremely satisfied with the outcome!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Leonardo63

Gold Member
Will, you playin with people's minds - I was with you all the way and it's because of you I own this bad mother ......... and glad I listened to you- but now you messing with minds LOL! ~ That does look amazing :D :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

My one grip would be, you ground the "War Feather" right out of that baby! ~ Oh, just hit me, it was getting too heavy for your pack load ;) ~ I gotcha :p

Leonardo63

Gold Member
OK now I like it much better after seeing them SXS ~ You can see the long clip clearly - Absolutely awesome! That's an outstanding grind mod for sure! Love it!
Did you weigh them? Curious how much you knocked out, prolly not a lot but the looks are incredible. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Len—you’re right, only a little over an ounce removed but it’s a noticeable balance shift. More about where the weight was removed than the amount. Still packs a wallop—just a little livelier in hand.:thumbsup::cool:

(Not to mention stabbier :D)

Thanks bro!:thumbsup:

2” back from the tip it’s still 1/4” thick, so plenty strong. 1” from tip it’s .22”, so about the same thickness as a B8LE ricasso, but with the reinforcing geometry of a swedge—like two triangles with a common base. 3” from the tip it’s back up to beast mode—.27” thick. :eek::D

MacLaren1

Gold Member
Thanks bro!:thumbsup:

2” back from the tip it’s still 1/4” thick, so plenty strong. 1” from tip it’s .22”, so about the same thickness as a B8LE ricasso, but with the reinforcing geometry of a swedge—like two triangles with a common base. 3” from the tip it’s back up to beast mode—.27” thick. :eek::D

And......it looks so damn good too!!:D
I love a swedge, it made me get out my NFNO, lol.