THE Hollow Handle Knife Thread

Here are the rest of the pics of this M9. This one had the full M.O.A. System (steel plated buttcap, pouch on sheath, and PSK knife that fits behind pouch) and the clear GunKote on the blasted portion of the knife.
Pretty slick, if I do say so myself.:)

TBA3Mid.jpg

zjK8vXw.jpg

gLZuena.jpg

EzR0Fz9.jpg

Sam :thumbsup:

Sam, you better back off the perfect fit and finish. Your knives and sheaths are getting to the point of being too nice to use. :p:D:)

That sheath must take as long as the knife to complete. What a package! :thumbsup:

Thanks, Tom! Finally getting things where I want them.:):)

In the beginning, the sheaths almost did take that much time, it was very frustrating. But with a few design changes and a lot of very hard won experience, they are much quicker now. Spacing them out in small sessions over a day or two helps with all the different steps, and cuts a lot of time waiting for things to dry.

Thank you for the kind words, as usual!:cool::cool:

Sam:thumbsup:

Reactions: TAH
Sam, I was going to give this one a thumbs down just to change it up a bit, but I can't. You had me at "without sawteeth". :D

I had a harder (than usual) time letting this one go. It was just begging to be used. I hope it gets dirt time, wherever it winds up. And thank you, as always.:thumbsup::)

So I just snagged this off Feebay , can anyone tell me anything about it and what it may be worth

RDW3.jpg

RDW.jpg

Last edited:
So I just snagged this off Feebay , can anyone tell me anything about it and what it may be worth
Your knife looks like a quality knife. I like it! I found this information on the internet regarding a different RDW knife...

aPG6CVEvmPDssjhpSEABww.jpg

This knife was made by a knife maker in upstate NY. His name was Ryan D Wielkie . I believe he worked in a shop with his father Erryn. They sold knives on Ebay for a few years ,along with a active website to have custom knives made direct. I know this because I purchased one of his top $1000 fighter/bowies. knives. The bowie in the picture was one of those top end sold on Ebay listing for $1000. I believe this this knife was sold on line between 2012-2013 or around that time. I still have his knife but I am unable to find a active website & they are no longer on Ebay. I believe his shop was located near or in Collins NY near Buffalo. They made a very high quality knife.

Thank you , I did see that particular knife and info.

Was hoping someone would have something similar, so I would know approximately what the cost was when new.
I think I may have stole it for what I paid but I don't know.

Nice looking knife, Dom. I don't know about the value, either.

Here is an M7 recently completed, I'll post some pics and list some of the options in a bit, but here is a pic. Client requested desert tan wrap, and I think it came out rather nicely.

zT13FKp.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Thanks, Tom! I did this one with an aluminum handle to cut weight, as the blade was just under 3/16" thick. So I decided to make it a lighter weight slicer. The knife itself came in under 10 oz, so very pleased there. Will probably be doing more with the sharpening rod, as it both looks good and is popular.:)

vSBpOyU.jpg

q8Py5Gx.jpg

Sam, everything about that package is perfect. Not much else to say. :thumbsup:

Sam, I sound like a broken record, but your leather work (as well as the knife) is superb! I'm surprised you make any money at this, because if I had your skills, I'd keep them all for myself. :D

Thanks, Tom. I don't mind hearing it.:D:p I would keep them too, but I like electricity and food, so they gotta go, lol. Thanks again for the kind words. More fun stuff to come!:D

Thanks, Tom! I did this one with an aluminum handle to cut weight, as the blade was just under 3/16" thick. So I decided to make it a lighter weight slicer. The knife itself came in under 10 oz, so very pleased there. Will probably be doing more with the sharpening rod, as it both looks good and is popular.:)

vSBpOyU.jpg

q8Py5Gx.jpg

Hi Sam, for some reason, I really like the shape of this blade over all your others. Very sleek. Nicely done.

Thanks, Mark!

Here are a couple of client shots with his new toy.:D

6TlGFP0.jpg

lv0gbsS.jpg

Back