The Inkosi Appreciation Thread

Couple shots of the new Tanto Inkosi. I recently started using a tanto Umnumzaan and really like the blade shape. It'll be great on the Inkosi. Note the tip is stubbier than the sebenza and zaan keeping with prior knives where the blade shapes are slightly different depending on the model its on.
FB_IMG_1535288288722.jpg FB_IMG_1535288538669.jpg

I have a Large Classic Drop Point Micarta that I love. But I also own a Large Inkosi Insingo Micarta. After using the two over the past few weeks, I have to say that the Inkosi Insingo is a very comfortable and practical knife. It fits the hand beautifully and the Insingo blade shape is superb for things like food prep, due to the flatness of the cutting edge and the weight near the tip.

I have a Large Classic Drop Point Micarta that I love. But I also own a Large Inkosi Insingo Micarta. After using the two over the past few weeks, I have to say that the Inkosi Insingo is a very comfortable and practical knife. It fits the hand beautifully and the Insingo blade shape is superb for things like food prep, due to the flatness of the cutting edge and the weight near the tip.
I agree on all accounts. But that Classic is a nice knife too.

Oh man I needed this thread. I just purchased a Large Insingo in natural micarta. It's supposed to get here Monday and all these pics are getting me excited. It's also going to be my first CRK

Like this one? ;)

d0tKkHR.jpg

Close....so very close...

I know I'm going to need a drop point in my life sometime

I like that Insingo on the Inkosi as well. I need to get one of those as well, I'm just not sure what variation. Possibly the Knife Art CF scale version... ;)

I like that Insingo on the Inkosi as well. I need to get one of those as well, I'm just not sure what variation. Possibly the Knife Art CF scale version... ;)
I was actually torn between the KA Insingo and the natural micarta, but the inlays won me over. I really hope I don't end up getting bit by the CRK bug and end up with 30 of them

I really NEED a micarta inlay CRK, but I'm just not warming up to the inlays on the new 31. So now I have to decide on either a 21 or Inkosi. I'm leaning heavily towards the Inkosi, because for me the angled clip on my pj Inkosi makes opening easier than on my 25.

Just got my first inkosi over the weekend, a large tanto pj. A 25 was my first CRK and first real high end knife. Eventually i sold it toward the next thing and in general i have preferred the 21 since, the pivot bushing is really cool. I lost my first knife earlier this year, a sebenza and figured trying out an inkosi would be a good way to go.

I think i made a good choice, the refinement coming from the 25 is well done, i love the huge washers and how theyre supported on the stop pin. The lanyward slipped over the standoff is better, you can just slip it on and off. The blade is thick but tall and the hollow grind isnt as stout as the it seems for the 25. I really cant wait to compare it against a 21 just for edge geometry. The slight changes i read about from the 25 really add up to a knife that just feels better, refined.

Hopefully ill send this back to CRK for a custom graphic at some point.

Also i used to be more partial to the 21, so now when someone asks 21 or inkosi, im not nearly as sure. I suspect as a small the 21 is better, but ill have to try a small inkosi someday toknow for sure, or at least handle one.

Back