The Just Hanging Out Thread.

sabre cat sabre cat here's the interesting about CRKs there's always a substitute for them like the Insingo small that I got... Check this out! They're like identical almost.

That said....I'm addicted to this blade shape officially.

n3VkU7E.jpg

Interesting. I have never seen an Insingo blade with that much belly. I have always based my preferences on a model 21
Insingo.

I will also check out more of Kershaw’s products a little bit closer.

Shout out to Deinos Deinos and @woodysone for the Kellam Puukko(w KSF sheath) and CS Golden Eye.

The puuko is great, and reminded me that I had tucked away a Helle Viking I put a birch bark handle on years ago in my toolbox, and the pocket sheath is awesome for it. The additional pouch in the pocket sheath looks like it might fit a Spyderco DoubleStuff perfectly, too, so I'm going to order one and try it out. Handle on the Kellam is fantastic.
rhlDwQ2.jpg

Golden Eye came at the same time a new SRK showed up, so not I have these two beasts:
BmDWrDH.jpg

Bought the SK5 version of the SRK to just see if I liked the feel at all before maybe buying the 3v version (instead of possibly a Fallkniven A1... going to be a tough call).

Now I'm wondering if I just want to buy a 3v Puukko from Malanika instead.
Decisions, decisions...

Last edited:
Shout out to Deinos Deinos and @woodysone for the Kellam Puukko(w KSF sheath) and CS Golden Eye.

The puuko is great, and reminded me that I had tucked away a Helle Viking I put a birch bark handle on years ago in my toolbox, and the pocket sheath is awesome for it. The additional pouch in the pocket sheath looks like it might fit a Spyderco DoubleStuff perfectly, too, so I'm going to order one and try it out. Handle on the Kellam is fantastic.
rhlDwQ2.jpg

Golden Eye came at the same time a new SRK showed up, so not I have these two beasts:
BmDWrDH.jpg

Bought the SK5 version of the SRK to just see if I liked the feel at all before maybe buying the 3v version (instead of a Fallkniven A1). Going to be a tough call.
Now I'm wondering if I just want to buy a 3v Puukko from Malanika instead. Decisions, decisions...
Agreed on that handle. Perfect shape and size. Might want to look at @Todor Hristov in the exchange as well for puukkos.

Of course it is. I haven't really found a good competition to that one yet in that price range and level of supposed quality (I've never owned maxpedition but read mixed things). I certainly don't want $50 ebay or amazon garbage that will fall apart in a year or two. Maybe I'll just have to pony up for one.
Vanquest or 5.11 maybe?

Nah not really, maybe this morning. It’s calming down. I did take exception to them talking smack about bikerector and sharpandfiery though. Just gave them a new shiny object to chase. Gone too far now though. Misspelled blanks and one called me racist. I don’t play that game. Waste of time. Anyway, so no one has any new knives or anything going on? Did sabre cat sabre cat ever get his jeep running?
I just nabbed a Spyderco Advocate before they were gone for good. Delivered today. So far so good! :D

It took a bit of pointing out to me but the blade design is difft on the Inkosi vs 21 even the grind is difft.

[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I have never seen an Insingo blade with that much belly. I have always based my preferences on a model 21
Insingo.

I like the inlays but like the look of tanto[/QUOTE]
No tantos for me. The blade shape doesn't work for my needs.

rhlDwQ2.jpg

BmDWrDH.jpg

Bought the SK5 version of the SRK to just see if I liked the feel at all before maybe buying the 3v version (instead of possibly a Fallkniven A1... going to be a tough call).

Decisions, decisions...
Is the golden eye a good knife.

rhlDwQ2.jpg

BmDWrDH.jpg

Decisions, decisions...
I love the SRK. I just picked up.....
Recon Scout in carbon V

I love the SRK. I just picked up.....
Recon Scout in carbon V

Yeah, I think it’s great! It’s got to be the best bang for the buck out there. $35 for a Taiwan made SRK is crazy, IDK how it’s even profitable. The shortened ricasso is such an improvement, too, I never wanted one until they finally fixed that issue.
3v SRK available are such a cheap price I think that I’m going to have to get that as well. (And a Todor to follow)

Last edited:
Back