The Just Hanging Out Thread.

Used the freek every time I goto work. Haven't carried the mini grip since I got the freek. It's really a great knife.

...I have a sunwayman light that sits on my desk and is used for evening/night walks with the fam or dog when the lantern is excessive...

Can I safely assume that that is my old flashlight? If so, what happened to your plans to use it on the bike?

Used the freek every time I goto work. Haven't carried the mini grip since I got the freek. It's really a great knife.
I had to get rid of the super freek I used to have,I was afraid the coating would come of, and I didnt know how to take care of m4.I never had that blade steal before

I had to get rid of the super freek I used to have,I was afraid the coating would come of, and I didnt know how to take care of m4.I never had that blade steal before

I don't have the super freek. I have the freek. It's the first one. In s30v. With the rubber grip. And the dlc coating on the M4 on the super freak is fine benchmade does a great job on their knives.

I don't have the super freek. I have the freek. It's the first one. In s30v. With the rubber grip. And the dlc coating on the M4 on the super freak is fine benchmade does a great job on their knives.
Now I feel like a melon head,because that was a nice knife.if I would of known i would of keep it.

Can I safely assume that that is my old flashlight? If so, what happened to your plans to use it on the bike?

I believe it is your light. As for the bike, it's now that time of season and I've been getting all the bike lights out for such. Ended up not needing it for the summer so much.

I also just started hiking a lot more this year since it's something I can do with my baby boy. She's trying to get me into doing a summit next year... but there's this whole heights thing that doesn't work so well with me so we'll see.

The boy's probably old enough for a bike ride now, except that I tend to ride more gravel roads instead of pavement these days out of convenience. I haven't convinced my wife to let me buy a suspension kid trailer yet.

Just forget the hole thing im doing 2 things at once, and not paying full attention to , trying to text right and messed it all up lol sorry.

Hey everybody, I’m curious about how many of us are using the knives that we received from the pay it forward thread.

For example, I received a Swiss Army knife clone that I reach for almost every single day. Surprising really. Here I have knives worth $80 to $120 and I am reaching for a clone knife worth just a few bucks.

I also received a Benchmade 550 that I have big plans for once the Jeep is fixed and holidays are over.
Well... this is going to be a long list... lol

I find I use pretty much everything I received (if I didn't, I tried to cycle it back into the thread for others to get a chance on). Lil Drover and Wenger Pioneer get cycled into the rotation in a pocket sheath. Leatherman Wave has been used a ton around the house and typically rides in my truck or edc bag. Mules get used a lot in the kitchen (sooooo slicey!). Carry the Metamorph a ton (best front flipper yet), but I will probably move that one along for someone to try and splurge on the BHQ version in m390 and CF. Carry the 0566 user quite a bit, especially doing chores. Don't use the Kukri as much as I would like, but I have beat on it plenty...

EDIT: Forgot about the Field Watch. Use that pretty much everytime I am hiking, working outside, etc. when I don't want to beat the hell out of my nice watch

Last edited:
The blade is a Spyderco Mule Team. You buy them as a blank (no handles) Martin does the rest!
If you are interested in a DYI, will need to snatch up one of the remaining over at Spyderco.com or pick one up off the exchange. Sal has said they are discontinuing the Mule Project at this point.

Back