The Just Hanging Out Thread.

My place is still standing.

That is more than others in the area can say.

I have not seen blue skies for weeks.
Whereabouts in Cali are you? Have friends in the bay and the pics they have sent me are crazy...

Stay safe out there. Hoping they can get the fires under control and the weather moves in your favor.

We're mid-move from Vacaville to Sacramento, smoke is absolutely brutal everywhere...I don't even have breathing problems and I'm getting winded just moving boxes around:eek::(

Whereabouts in Cali are you? Have friends in the bay and the pics they have sent me are crazy...

Stay safe out there. Hoping they can get the fires under control and the weather moves in your favor.

Napa Valley. About 50 miles northeast of SF.

They claim to have gotten the fires in Napa County under control. The smoke in our sky is finally not from our fires.

Unfortunately, many in Napa county don’t have homes anymore.

The same holds true for some in Fairfield and Vacaville. Two nearby cities.

Last edited:
We are in the evacuation warning zone of the Bobcat fire. The smoke is so thick in our neighborhood, you can cut it with a knife.

Glad to hear you guys are doing ok out there. Wish the circumstances were better though...:( Hoping the weather and situation turn in your favor and that you get a reprieve on the air quality.

We weren't even really looking in Sac, but we stumbled across this place and it was just TOO perfect:D We'll have to have you up once we get settled in:thumbsup:

View attachment 1417813

Beautiful house! Sometimes a property just speaks to you even when you weren't initially listening :D

Same ol’ same ol’ over here. Just trying not to become a couch potato while on furlough. Luckily the new puppy keeps me busy.

For all you out there on the left coast, stay safe. Those fires are brutal!

Same ol’ same ol’ over here. Just trying not to become a couch potato while on furlough. Luckily the new puppy keeps me busy.

For all you out there on the left coast, stay safe. Those fires are brutal!
Pics or the puppy didn’t happen!!!:p

what breed? How old? Can’t leave us all hanging like that!!!

Introducing ‘Nukka of the Northern Lights’ (her official AKC name) but we just call her Nukka.

She’s a purebred Alaskan Malamute. She’s about 14 1/2 weeks (we’ve had her for a month and a half now) and already 35.5 lbs as of Saturday. She’s gonna be a moose, as both her parents are 110/120 lbs, and her paws are as big as her head (also quite large...lol).

Our last dog passed in early June at the age of 13, and as much as we tried, we could not find another dog to rescue, as the shelters were all bare, and even the rescue groups had limited dogs, and even fewer that would work for us. So we had to find a reputable breeder and wait for a puppy.

I’ve always had winter dogs, but this is the first purebred (I’ve always rescued), and man, does she personify all the typical traits of a Malamute. She big, goofy, loves people and kids, extremely intelligent, but is a total handful, want to chew or eat everything- including us, and is stubborn as a mule. Yep, we love her to death! :p I definitely see why they say Malamutes are not good for first time owners, or even people with experience with the breed. Thankfully, we knew what we were in for.

Without further ado, here’s our little fluff-but:

Trying to look sweet and innocent - don’t fall for it, she’ll tear up a tennis shoe, a couch cushion, or your garden in a blink of an eye
QSmAynn.jpg

We call her “Maligator” - part malamute, part alligator, because she has those sharp puppy teeth inside jaws of death. She was attempting to eat my face off as I held her in the air here :eek:
znco5kE.jpg

She loves riding in the truck! Can also get an idea here of just how big she is, considering she’s just 3 1/2 months old (sitting with my niece who’s 14 for comparison)
txsAHlb.jpg

My daughter and Nukka are becoming besties
Okm1ciD.jpg

And of course sometimes, she actually does sleep! Especially after a 3 mile hike in the woods
nJLMiij.jpg

This was our Cyan, who we had to put down a few months ago. Part husky and part greyhound (odd mix) Even with the new puppy, the house is still missing something without her
pYr01Hn.jpg

Cinbq5N.jpg

Introducing ‘Nukka of the Northern Lights’ (her official AKC name) but we just call her Nukka.

She’s a purebred Alaskan Malamute. She’s about 14 1/2 weeks (we’ve had her for a month and a half now) and already 35.5 lbs as of Saturday. She’s gonna be a moose, as both her parents are 110/120 lbs, and her paws are as big as her head (also quite large...lol).

Our last dog passed in early June at the age of 13, and as much as we tried, we could not find another dog to rescue, as the shelters were all bare, and even the rescue groups had limited dogs, and even fewer that would work for us. So we had to find a reputable breeder and wait for a puppy.

I’ve always had winter dogs, but this is the first purebred (I’ve always rescued), and man, does she personify all the typical traits of a Malamute. She big, goofy, loves people and kids, extremely intelligent, but is a total handful, want to chew or eat everything- including us, and is stubborn as a mule. Yep, we love her to death! :p I definitely see why they say Malamutes are not good for first time owners, or even people with experience with the breed. Thankfully, we knew what we were in for.

Without further ado, here’s our little fluff-but:

Trying to look sweet and innocent - don’t fall for it, she’ll tear up a tennis shoe, a couch cushion, or your garden in a blink of an eye
QSmAynn.jpg

We call her “Maligator” - part malamute, part alligator, because she has those sharp puppy teeth inside jaws of death. She was attempting to eat my face off as I held her in the air here :eek:
znco5kE.jpg

She loves riding in the truck! Can also get an idea here of just how big she is, considering she’s just 3 1/2 months old (sitting with my niece who’s 14 for comparison)
txsAHlb.jpg

My daughter and Nukka are becoming besties
Okm1ciD.jpg

And of course sometimes, she actually does sleep! Especially after a 3 mile hike in the woods
nJLMiij.jpg

This was our Cyan, who we had to put down a few months ago. Part husky and part greyhound (odd mix) Even with the new puppy, the house is still missing something without her
pYr01Hn.jpg

Cinbq5N.jpg
Great looking pup!

Back